Thread: Music man's wife here.

Music man's wife here.

Hello all. I thought I'd introduce ourselves. I've been reading this forum for awhile and now its time.
    Music man was diagnosed last May which came as a shock, we thought his rapidly deteriorating mobility was due to something but never considered MND.
    MM on reflection had shown signs for a couple of years with unexplained falls and a right foot that increasingly turned outwards. His GP kept saying sometimes there's nothing we can do! Amazing saying that to a 60 year old man.
    He got his diagnosis after we paid privately to see a neurologist. He was admitted to hospital and for two weeks had every test going.
    Hubby is happy for me to write about his and our situation.
    I hope you won't mind us chiming in every now and then

Hi Music man's wife and welcome to the forum;

Sorry to hear of his diagnoses but please that you have now joined the forum.

It is always good to have peoples input, whether it's asking questions, sharing things with us or chiming in.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Music Man's Wife. Sorry about Music Man's diagnosis. I'd be changing doctors if I were you. What you described is not a good GP attitude. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Hi MMW & MM,

A warm welcome to you both.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Hi Music Man's wife,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to about your husband's diagnosis. Although your husband saw a neurologist privately, hopefully by now he is receiving some good support from the NHS e.g. from an MND nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, speech and language therapist etc.

I agree that the GP's attitude was far from helpful, but hopefully your husband will be able to find to a more supportive GP to register with, if he has not done so already.

Please feel welcome to ask for advice or support whenever you would like to. As you have been reading the posts on this forum for a while, hopefully you have already realised that we are a group of friendly folk and we chat about a range of different issues affecting our lives - and so please don't be shy to join in on this forum, as little or as often as you like.

Best wishes to you and your husband,
    Kayleigh x
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Forum Member
    Hi Welcome to the forum where you will find good advice and support

Hello and welcome to the forum MM’s wife and MM himself.

You will find advice and support here with the occasional humour thrown in to help us through.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Hi MM's wife and MM.

Welcome to the forum , although I am obviously very sorry for the diagnosis. There is always really good practical and emotional support on here.

Best wishes to you both,
    Love Debbie