Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Choking and coughing

Forum Member
    Hi Sheila and Sarah, All the best from me too for next week.

Sheila, I hope your appointments are not too bad or stressful and Sarah I hope your PEG fitting goes as well as possible.

Love Debbie x

Forum Member
    Hi all, well my neck brace appointment has been cancelled for tomorrow. That's the second time.
    Dina did you feel anything during the peg procedure? I am nervous for Monday's appointment. But I have to go and get something sorted.
    Sheila x

Hi Sheila,

Sorry to hear that your neck-brace appointment has been cancelled again Sheila (and at such short notice).

Hopefully, you won't have to wait very long to get another appointment.

Love
    Kayleigh
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 23rd November 2019 at 23:40.

Sorry about your cancelled appointment Sheila and much good luck for Monday, Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Hi Sheila

I had sedation for the procedure so there wasn’t any pain or discomfort at all. When the tube was pulled down my throat I knew it was going down but there definitely wasn’t any difficulty. There was a slightly weird sensation but it didn’t hurt at all. Honestly, it was really easy to go through. I was surprised how easy it was. In fact, I was so fine afterwards it was no problem having a second, different procedure just a couple of hours later. And, believe me, I’m the world’s worst coward.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    Kayleigh you are absolutely spot on!! They didn't ring until 3.30pm. I said I would be over on Monday for another appointment, could I pop in then? They said no! They gave me another appointment for December 9th. I will believe it when I see it!!! My husband had got the car all ready, petrol, manual wheelchair etc. The hospital is about 2 hours away "if" the traffic is ok. Oh well expect the unexpected I suppose.

Hope everyone is ok!

Sheila x

Forum Member
    Hi Dina,
    Thanks for telling me about the peg procedure, so pleased it went well for you. I am just nervous about it. Not keen on hospitals or anything medical. I am such a coward. And you had two procedures done. Very brave.
    Speak soon
    Sheila x

Hi Sheila,

It's a shame the neck-brace people couldn't see you while you are at the hospital on Monday, especially as it takes such a long time to get there.

I hope everything goes smoothly with the appointment on Monday and the hospital doesn't cancel the one on 9th December.

Love
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 23rd November 2019 at 23:39.

Forum Member
    Hi Kayleigh,
    Yes, I could have gone in there on Monday, but I think they were just being awkward. My husband said to them" her head will be on the ground by then".
    No news about Monday yet, but they did cancel last time.
    I hope you are having a good evening,
    Love
    Sheila x

Forum Member
    Hi Sheila,

So sorry about your cancelled appointment. It's so frustrating to have to wait for something that can help your comfort. I hope Monday goes well and I have my fingers crossed for you .

Love Debbie x