Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Nations Rugby

Hi Ellie,

I expect that Ireland are fired up with enthusiasm and determination to win against Scotland next Saturday! But Scotland are probably buzzing with bags of confidence after their terrific win against Italy - and so I am looking forward to what will probably be a very exciting match!

When I saw that England were due to play Ireland I thought of you, because I remembered that you are a rugby fan. I couldn't resist starting this thread, because I thought that there would be quite a few rugby fans on the forum who might want to join in with a bit of rugby talk and sporting banter.

Sometimes it is fun to chat about 'off topic' subjects - and the only other idea I had for a new thread was 'Dancing on Ice'. I somehow suspect that rugby was the right choice! - although, are there any Welsh or Scottish rugby fans in this forum family who would like to join in?

Love to you and your family,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 5th February 2019 at 14:20.
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Hi Terry,

I can’t imagine you on the back of an ostrich but you are a game man for trying. Personally I love an ostrich steak which I used to buy on the farmers market.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

You guys are so brave and adventurous - it's enough to make an 'English Rose' like me fall at your feet with admiration! LOL

First, it was Barry riding on a camel AND an Elephant in India (how on Earth did you manage to ride a camel all the way from Egypt to India?!!)

Next, it sounds like TC was riding bare-back on an Ostrich that he affectionately called 'flighty bird'. He even managed to get to top speed without falling off, and he took first place in Suffolk's famous annual Ostrich Race!!!
    ... and after the race - Barry was even resouceful enough to make his favourite steaks from Terry's Ostrich - for the post-race BBQ!! (Not such good news for Terry though - as now he has got to find a replacement for 'flighty bird' before the next Ostrich Race!)

Whatever next lads?....as if I wasn't impressed enough already with your 'Indiana Jones' style of bravery and adveturous ways! ... but I bet neither of you have ever wrestled with alligators! - and I hear that they taste even better than Ostrich steaks LOL
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 4th February 2019 at 01:07.
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Thanks Kayleigh, your humour has brought a smile to my face this morning.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Barry,

I admit that my sense of humour can be a bit zany sometimes - but so many comical images popped into my head when you and Terry started posting about riding on Ostriches etc! It all started with your post about watching the rugby in Egypt and things went from there! Never mind, as there are no rugby matches until Saturday, there's no harm in exchanging a bit of banter here, about other things, if we want to.

Anyway, returning to the very serious subject of rugby:-

Sadly, this morning I was on the verge of splitting up with my husband. He has not been paying me enough attention, mainly due to his over-the-top obsession with rugby! However, we sat down together this afternoon and talked things over ... and the good news is that we have decided to give our marriage another 'try'!!!!

Sorry - I expect you know some much better jokes than I do! (and I expect you didn't think my jokes could get much worse than the one I told about the hump-free camel called Humphrey?!).

Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 4th February 2019 at 14:24.

Kayleigh, It was a good weekend and we had a new telly on Friday with a massive screen. The rugby I felt I was back on field playing again and played to long in the front row so assume thatís why got MND. Last year the England v Ireland was one of my favourite days as The Dubliners legends were on in Brum Symphony Hall. I have Ireland heritage on mums heritage but on dads I am a Brum back to 1608. Looking forward the rest of the games. My favourite rugby this year will be at Worcester Warriors v Exeter on 9th March as my 7yr old grandson playing at halftime. Best wishes John.

Forum Member
    This made me smile this morning too! Thanks for starting it Kayleigh. We have riders on ostriches, camels and elephants...What a team !

I enjoyed the rugby this weekend although I am more of a football fan. I get a wheelchair space to watch my team and hubby goes for free. Only downside is I can't sit with our sons, as we always used to do but we wave and then meet up afterwards. Was too cold for me anyway this weekend.

Lovely to see your grandson playing rugby, John.

Love Debbie

Hello John,

It's great to hear you have a new very large-screened TV to watch the rugby on! I expect you get a real sense how exciting the atmosphere is at the stadium, especially as the TV has probably got great sound too.

Its very interesting to hear about your family history. It sounds like you have fascinating ancestors, especially as you have been able to trace them back as far as the 1600s.

I expect you are very proud of your grandson. It sounds like he is aleady a very talented ruby player, and at such a young age. Undoubtedly, it will be a very special and memorable occasion for you and your family when you see him play in March - I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Hopefully England will have a big win against France on Sunday! There will probably be a great atmosphere at Twickenham with lots of support from England fans, and so it should be a very exciting game. I don't think that England will have any trouble beating France, but we shall just have to wait and see how they perform on the day!

Best wishes,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 4th February 2019 at 23:22.

Scotland v Ireland: Half time score 10-12 to Ireland. A very exciting first half, and with only 2 points in it, I think it's difficult to call who is going to win!

Final Score: 13-22 to Ireland. Many congratulations Ireland!
    Good luck Wales, this afternoon! Italy v Wales - Match starts at 16:45, TV coverage is on ITV now.