Thread: Scared

Hybrid View

Forum Member

Scared

Hello
    I will try to keep this brief. About 18 months ago i experienced pins and needles along the left hand side of my left hand and pinkie. I later began to get twitching of the pinkie and i have gone on to have twitching pretty much all over. I went to gp probably around Sept 17 who did strength tests but she did not think anything was wrong. After a while my worry was such that she referred me to a neurologist which took 10 months for the appointment to come through as it was a standard not urgent appointment (June 18). The neurologist did a full clinical exam but could find no reason for doing further testing.

I also saw a different gp who had two family members with mnd and he did physical exam doing tests for babinski reflex and general reflext testing. He didnt think it was mnd. Meanwhile the twitching has continued all the while. Within the last two months i have been getting muscle pains across top of shoulders, in fingers, hands, which feels like the muscles are screaming. I have no weakness ...i can unscrew jars, walk on heels and tiptoes etc. I think there is slight atrophy in right hand on top of hand but nobody medical that has seen it has given it any weight.

I have a gp appointment booked for 22 Feb (cant get one with my gp earlier) but i am struggling to cope with the worry that this is mnd.

Hi Ruthjohns;

It doesn't sound like Mnd to me either.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi Ruthjohns;

It doesn't sound like Mnd to me either.

Best wishes, Terry

Thank you for your response. I guess i will just have to wait.