Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding worries

Had a visit from my mnd physio today. Told her my worries and she is straight on it. Contacting the venue and asking about access and toilet size etc. Looking in to getting a hoist there (To hire if poss) if it's going to fit. She is a diamond and is always problem solving for me. Feel alot better now. Having catheter fitted on Monday.

Sounds great Pink. Good luck with getting a hoist and getting used to your catheta. Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Good Luck with it all Pink

Hi Pink,

It's great to hear that things are getting sorted out and that your physio is being so helpful.

Hopefully you are less worried about things and you are able to look forward to the big day. As mother of the groom, you are definitely entitled to lots of pampering before the event! - including getting your hair, nails make-up done etc (the full works!).

I hope everything goes smoothly for you from now on.

Love and best wishes to you and your family,
    Kayleigh xx
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 7th February 2019 at 23:47.
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Right..... After 3 attempts to get catheter in nothing is draining away. She leaves it in incase my bladder has gone into spasm. Nurse come back to check an hour and a half later. Still nothing and I'm bursting. So out it comes. Going to try again in a few days. She thinks it could be the mnd that could have made the bladder go into spasm but other mnd sufferers have them! I got so upset I just think it's going to happen again next time. Really uncomfortable now as well x

Forum Member
    so sorry to hear this Pink. hope its successful next time x

Forum Member
    Oh Pink, so sorry it did not go well today. I have been thinking about you. I am not surprised you're not comfortable tonight.
    Hope you feel better tomorrow.
    Love Debbie x

Hi Pink,

I’m sorry to hear that your op wasn’t a success but I hope they can sort the situation out soon. April will be a joyous month for you and your family so you deserve a stress free day although I suspect you will have enough stress choosing the mother of the groom outfit lol.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    You can get a home kit that flushes you out completely using water but you may need help to do this . I have used it on my partner as he struggles to go on his own .. but he is empty and doesnít need to go fir a few days after ask your district nurse then you wonít need to worry and can enjoy the wedding xx

I hope so too Debbie and shrew. And Barry it is very stressful choosing an outfit. Louise do you mean it flushes his bowel out?