Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gadgets to help with gripping a pen etc

Question Gadgets to help with gripping a pen etc

'Gripping Gadgets' (part 2)
    On second thoughts ... perhaps there's room for one more item in my shopping basket?!:-

Especially for holding onto my hairdryer -Gripeeze Gloves:-

https://www.nrshealthcare.co.uk/heal...ze-gloves-pair
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 13th February 2019 at 17:01.

Oooh!

Possibly just what I need.

I could not see how these work exactly - do they kind of strap the fingers together to make the grip?

And would they allow me to hold a pen?
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

Kayleigh, I have a handsfree stand that my hair dryer clips onto. I don’t use it anymore as I can’t lift my arms high enough to hold my brush and style my hair. Hubby has taken over and is doing a pretty good job, he has hidden talents!
    Got it on Amazon. You’re welcome to it, if you fancy s trip to Nottingham xx

Hi Andy,
    This 'small item gripping aid' might be more suitable than the Gripeeze Gloves for holding a pen:-
    https://www.activehands.com/product/small-item-aid/

Hi Kayleigh

Concerning;

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleigh View Post
    Especially for holding onto my hairdryer -Gripeeze Gloves[/URL]

These seem to be out of stock?

Did you manage to buy these?

Best,

Andy
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

Last edited by Kayleigh; 13th February 2019 at 15:51.

Hi Helen,

I'm a bit of a shopaholic and I love browsing in shops, as well as making lots of purchases from them. When Andy mentioned in his post that he is looking for something suitable for gripping pliers with, I couldn't resist doing some online searches.... and once I'm in an online shop, I can't help having a browse at what's available - in all the departments! LOL

Thanks for your helpful tip about the hair dryer stand. Although I have enjoyed many happy hours browsing in 'Amazon' , I haven't noticed them before, and so thanks for your recommendation! I don't live near Nottingham, but many thanks for thinking of me, in case I did .... you are very kind and you have a heart of gold! I will keep your recommendation in mind about ordering a stand from Amazon - and/or hopefully my hubby will be as talented as yours is!

Love and best wishes to you and your family,
    Kayleigh x

Hi Kayleigh,

I am doing a lot of online browsing at the moment looking for my mother of the bride outfit. I will be in my power chair all day so I need something comfortable but glamorous too!

Love from another shopaholic X

Hi Helen,

I find that my 'fit and flare' style dresses are especially comfortable to wear in my wheelchair. If you are thinking of buying a dress to wear at the wedding, Wallis have got quite a good range at the moment. I have posted a link to their webpage for fit and flare dresses - there are also other dress styles, clothes and accessories on their website, that might also be worth a browse

https://m.wallis.co.uk/en/wluk/categ...resses-2757036

Happy shopping!

Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 13th February 2019 at 21:04.

Hi Helen,

.... and now I am browsing in John Lewis. I have arrived at the 'Women's Wedding Fashion' department. I thought of you when I saw the glamorous outfits in the 'Mother of the Bride' section. You might also be interested in their wedding accessories - it includes quite a sumptuous selection of rather fancy fascinators and highly-glamorous hats!

https://www.johnlewis.com/gifts/wedding/women's-wedding-fashion/c9600140092?rdrTerm=Wedding

Happy browsing!
    Kayleigh x

P.S on my way out of John Lewis I popped into their kitchenware section... and because we are on a 'gadgets' thread - just thought I would post a link to this rather stylish looking hot water dispenser (it might be suitable for some people who need a safer/easier alternative to pouring from a kettle).
    https://www.johnlewis.com/breville-v...ilver/p3613039
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 14th February 2019 at 12:06.