Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Botox !

Forum Member
    Hi Kayleigh, Thank you for googling ideas for me.

I watched the voice last night... I love Tom Jones but I think hes had botox. He looks younger now than he did 20 years ago. He can't smile or frown but he can really still sing !

Hope you're having a good weekend too. We are having all the family for super because it is easier for them to come to us.. I am going to whizz around the kitchen in my wheelchair, supervising the cooking !!!

Enjoy watching Sir Tom,
    Love Debbie x

The reason Botox is given conservatively initially is to make sure the correct dose is given and the desired results are achievable - nothing ventured, nothing gained

I hope your consultant says to give it a go and you get as much benefit from it as I did!

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Thanks Ellie,

I hope to give it a go.. its definitely worth a try and it's good to know that you got some benefit.

It seems strange that with all the challenges of MND it is my toes that are causing the pain and stopping me using my rollator in the house. I feel like a should just get on with it because I know others have far more to deal with but if there is something that could help it's worth it.

Love Debbie x

Don't apologise for your woes Debbie, it's often the little things that are most disruptive to us.

I had to have my big toenail removed twice and it stumped me each time (no pun intended) And I know Terry's toes and a sensitive tooth drive him mad too - it's all relative!!

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi Debbie,

Like you, I also like dashing around the kitchen in my wheelchair (and delegation is an art I'm getting quite good at these days!). When I'm in the kitchen by myself I whizz around at top speed, but when my family are kindly helping me, I have to slow down - in case I run over their feet! I have always enjoyed cooking and baking and am a bit sad that I can't do so much of it these days (due to weaker hands) but I am lucky that I have got lots of handy kitchen gadgets to make things a bit easier (and according to my husband, perhaps too many! Lol ), and I am also blessed with family and friends who are always willing to help.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful evening. We are having family over for a pizza and salad buffet (we'll make the salad, but will be a bit lazy by ordering the pizza from Domino's !). I am also looking forward to watching Dancing on Ice this evening - although it will probably be a bit 'quieter' now that Gemma Collins is no longer in it!

I was thinking that trying out Botox on one toe was a bit like doing a 'patch test' when trying out hair dye, to make sure you don't have any adverse reactions - but Botox isn't something I know a lot about - and so, thank you Ellie for sharing your expertise!

Kayleigh xx

P.S. Due to weakness in my legs, I find using my wheelchair is much easier now than using the rollator. It worries me about my legs getting worse, but it helps a lot knowing that you and other folk on this forum have an understanding of what I am going through - big hugs to you and everyone in this forum family xx
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 17th February 2019 at 20:40.

Forum Member
    Thanks for your support, Kayleigh and Ellie,

Kayleigh, Each different stage is really difficult. I was struggling around the house using my rollator, with obviously no free hands because I didn't want to "give in ". I had a joint visit a couple of weeks ago from the mnd physio and OT they said politely that it is all about making life easier but more importantly safer. I think they had a tip off and I have a suspect !

I now use my electric wheelchair around the house and my walker to transfer. It's so much better because my hands are free and I can get things I need independently and reach the kitchen counter for things. I also feel much safer if I am on my own. I do need to stop our grown up sons, who are old enough to know better, doing slalom and obstacle courses but it is very funny.

At this stage ,its so important to avoid a fall and a break. Hope I am not tempting fate.

Ellie, thanks for your advice. I hope your toe nails grew back. That must have been soo annoying and painful.

Love Debbie x