Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Husband diagnosed on 16th January

Hi Wallywoo;

Most of us have been in similar situations and know how hard it is to get your head around things. To get a quick informative reply does ease the situation a little and you don't feel so isolated.

Glad to hear that things are now getting sorted and don't be afraid to ask or try to push some of the services.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Welcome to the forum Wallywoo. I am so sorry for your husband's diagnosis.... It's such a shock for you both !

It's a pity that sometimes the professional support and care is not available until there is a formal diagnosis because the early days and extra tests are so scary so it is hard not to feel isolated. Well done for chasing it up.

I found the support from the MND nurse, physio and OT invaluable in the early days and now they are just a phone call or text away if I need advice or anything has changed. There is always practical and emotional support from the lovely people on this forum so you can reach out for help anytime.

Take Care and look after yourself too because its very hard for the partner .
    Love Debbie x

Forum Member
    Thank you, I also heard red grape juice is good. But I have never tried that one. Yes the hospice nurse was very nice and help full. It is all very strange at the moment. Even a district nurse came into day . I have never seen so many people. A dietician is coming in 2 weeks time. I hope you and your family are well
    love Sheila x

Forum Member
    Hi wailywoo, I am so pleased that things are now moving for you and your husband. This is a lovely forum and people have been so kind and helpful. I hope the pineapple juice helps, I also heard red grape juice is good.
    Love to you and Terry. Hear from you soon.
    Sheila x

Hi Sheila,

I haven't tried red grape juice either - but am going to add it to my shopping list so that I can try it out. Following your helpful tip about the pineapple juice, I drank a small 200 ml carton of it today and even that small amount helped to clear my throat - it was very refreshing as well!

It can seem a bit daunting meeting so many new people. However, once you have met them all, hopefully you will find comfort in knowing you have a team of friendly professionals who will offer you ongoing help and support.

I hope you are able to be a bit less anxious about things. I am a worrier and so I understand how it's is not easy to control anxiety - but I find it helps to try and take one day at a time and to accept all the support that is available.

You have already settled in well into this forum family, with your very kind words of advice and support. Athough we would rather not have to be here, it is great that we support each other as much as we can. Your tip about pineapple juice has really helped me - and so thank you!

Hopefully you are eating and sleeping enough.

Love to you and your family,
    Kayleigh x
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!