Guide to accessible days out in Britain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kayleigh
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2018

Guide to accessible days out in Britain.

If you are looking for ideas for a day out, you might be interested in reading the "Rough Guide to accessible Britain".

It is available on the Motability website (free to view online and also free to download):-
    Get inspiration for when you’re planning your next trip with reviews and accessibility information for over 200 great days out across the UK.
  • Doug Carpenter
    Forum Member
    • May 2017

Many thanks for the link Kayleigh.

A very helpful guide I wasn't aware of.

Doug
    Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Annb
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2017

We recently visited London for an appointment with my Consultant and decided to make the most of the day. We discovered that the Tate Britain offers free parking at the rear of the gallery and the use of a mobility scooter for Blue Badge holders. This enabled me to get around independently inside the gallery. The Tate has great places to eat and we had a wonderful afternoon. The parking and scooter do need to be booked in advance but this was easily done by phone. I have since found that other galleries offer a similar service and we intend visiting another soon. This is an outing I can certainly recommend.
      Ann

Comment

• Catsparkle
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2018

Brilliant Kayleigh, thankyou! And Ann, that's great to hear, I was planning on going there soon and it would be so much nicer to have independence on a scooter, fab! They have scooters at some of the big national trust houses too.

Comment

• Kayleigh
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2018

Re: Accessible days out at National Trust Properties.

A link to the National Trust webpage 'access for everyone' (including the Trust's downloadable '2019 Access Guide'):-

http://https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/access-for-everyone

Love Kayleigh

Comment

• Deb
            Forum Member
            • May 2018

Thank you so much for posting this Kayleigh,

I am going to be busy planning days out. Hope you're doing OK!

Love Debbie x

Comment

Working...
            X