Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leg Cramping

Hi Ginger,

I hope the arrangements for your ill-health retirement go smoothly, and that your OT is helpful in providing you with the equipment you need.

It sounds like you could do with a profile bed and supportive mattress. I have read on this forum that some people are provided with them free of charge via their OT or nurse, but I don't know what symptoms we need to have before they can be supplied to us.

For advice about what equipment should be supplied to you, you could possibly contact your local Regional Care Development Adviser.

http://https://www.mndassociation.org/getting-support/mnd-regional-care-development-advisers/

Also, there might be an OT at your local hospice who could give you advice and help with getting the equipment you need.

I hope the magnesium tablets work well for you, and that you will soon be able to get a good night's sleep.

Best wishes
    Kayleigh x

Forum Member
    Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you yes I do hope my ill health retirement goes smoothly very scary I'm only 50 years old but had to be done .

I do go to my local hospice for physio so will have a word there about advice about equipment and services.

Yes do hope between having Magnesium oil and tablets I can have better nights.

Love Ginger x

Hi Ginger

Thanks for your thanks and understand more about how you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
    I'm going through ill health retirement at the moment so lots of things going on at once

I sometimes think there is a place for a patients' treatment management qualification :-)

Best

Andy
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder