• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ellie
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2012

Hi Will,

I think you'll be OK at that weight to have a feeding tube fitted!

If morbidly obese people can successfully have a PEG procedure, I'm sure your belly won't preclude you from having it

You may be stuck with a long tube and not be able to have a low profile button if you need an internal length > 5cm, but that's about it.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Terry
      Forum Member
      • May 2012

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
      Hi Will,

You may be stuck with a long tube and not be able to have a low profile button if you need an internal length > 5cm, but that's about it.

Love Ellie.
      For the first time ever, you're wrong Ellie;

Micky only goes up to 5cm but there are other makes that make them longer. They are not so well made as regard to there fittings and shape but they are available.

Love TC
      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Iron Will
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2018

thanks people. I just can't shift any weight. which brings me to another question if you don't mind. I thought I saw on here that I could trousers with a Velcro flap at the front for using a bottle easier. any clues? my illness is beginning to bite now. legs went ages ago but arms are now very weak. bed and hoist ordered . bit early but I best get them sorted. my downstairs room is built and being decorated. I have asked for a bar in there

Comment

• Kayleigh
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2018

Hi Iron Will,

You might find some useful information about trousers for gentlemen on the 'Clothing to make life easier' thread - the Able2Wear website is recommended by John (Jay Tee) on that thread:-

Browse our collection of wheelchair trousers including drop front wheelchair trousers, elasticated waist wheelchair trousers and wheelchair jeans.

Hope all goes well with kitting out your new downstairs pad. Great that you want it to include a bar! (all round to yours to celebrate the grand opening - what time is happy hour?! )

Best wishes
          Kayleigh x

Comment

Working...
          X