Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Peg feed advice please

Ellie she never mentioned calogen. I doubt she will as she works for nutricia. Im seeing my mnd nurse tomorrow I'll chat to her x

Hi Pink,

Calogen is made by Nutricia - it's good for putting on calories fast and boosting energy as it's very high in fat.

Hope your Nurse suggests something good, you need to put on weight!

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi Pink,

I hope all is going well with your increased calorie intake, and that your MND nurse was helpful when she visited you today.

Love and best wishes to you and your family,
    Kayleigh x

Ive started the increased calories in my feed. Ive neen waking feeling a bit nauseous. Also feel a bit nauseous after putting the nutricia milk shake through the rig as well. Ive started apreadi g the drink throughout the day. That helps a little. Anyone else have this problem.
    It's making eating very hard!
    ?

Forum Member
    Hi pink,
    Sorry I am not much help as I haven't got a peg or rig at the moment, not yet. I am sure someone will come along with good advice shortly.
    Take care
    Sheila

Hi Pink,

I daresay it'll take time for your system to get used to those extra calories after such a long time without.

Has the pump rate been increased I wonder?

Also, how fast is the milkshake being put through the feeding tube? If it's put through quickly, given you are not used to them, it would make you feel nauseous.

Love Ellie.

Forum Member
    hi Pink sorry ur feeling sickly. I’m sure someone will be along soon with advice. Although Mick has a rig hes just on 50ml water. Hope ur feeling better soon x

The pump rate is slowly increasing to the rate i was on. When having the drink it gets poured in and let gravity do the work which is very slow. I also have started having the drink spread through the day. (3portions)

Hopefully it's just your body adjusting to the extra feed Pink, as well as the new ingredients in the milkshake (especially if you're unused to milk products)

If it persists, you should tell the Dietitian.

Best of luck.

Love Ellie.

Sarah and all, I had peg fitted three years ago .but can still eat well so long as food mashed. Not having Peg food yet having read through the posts I have learnt a lot. So thanks all for comments.
    Best wishes John