Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paravan PR50 Evolution Wheel Chair

Good Evening,

Has anyone got or used the Paravan PR50 Evolution Power Chair?

It looks to have all the functions required for MND and looks really cool in all the different colours

Thanks
  • Kayleigh
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2018

Hi dkjc,

I haven't used one, but I have noticed that there is a company, based in England, called 'Steering Developments' that offers a free home demonstration service. Just in case you don't already have their details, here is a link to their website:-

http://http://www.steeringdevelopments.co.uk/products/electric-wheelchairs/paravan-wheelchair-range

I agree with you, they do look like ultra cool high-tech wheelchairs.

Hopefully, someone on this forum has used one - because it would be great to hear if they are as good as the look!

Best wishes,
    Kayleigh

Comment

• Terry
      Forum Member
      • May 2012

Hi dkyc;

THe wheelchair services should be getting you a suitable wheelchair free and it's worth speaking to Mnda connect, as they might be able to hurry it along and maybe help upgrade it if needed.

G\et referred very soon as there is often a waiting list.

Love Terry
      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Kayleigh I have contacted a company in North Allerton who are sending me details and prices also going to Naidex 2019 at the NEC on 26th March where they will be on show along with other adaptive independent living

Comment

Hi Terry thank you not quite ready for a wheelchair yet just researching what is out there, although I did ask my OT today about when to send a referral and they told me to speak with my GP

Comment

• Terry
            Forum Member
            • May 2012

Hi dkjc;

Get things in-motion, if you do want something special, the wheelchair services should give you a voucher but you have to sign away their services for 3 or 5 years and go it alone.

All this takes loads of time.

I love those shows.

Love Terry
            TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Terry Thank You - I am going to - quite lucky my left foot and leg are affected but this upsets my balance so much I am looking to get a walker that converts into a wheel chair - the Rollz Motion - looks cool and and in 4 colours this should allow me to continue walking but when tired have a seat and be pushed home best of both worlds! This will also be on display at the Naidex show really looking forward to it to see all the other adaptations and test out a few things!

Comment

• Terry
                Forum Member
                • May 2012

Hi dkjc;

Involve your OT as there will provide a basic walker with a seat. Not sure you have a choice of colour though. They are not so good as others in that they don't fold up quite so small etc.

They can provide 3 and 4 wheeled ones. There's nothing stopping you from buying one as well, as it's always nice to have a spare in the car etc.

Love Terry

Comment

• Kayleigh
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2018

Hi dkjc,

As part of your research about suitable wheelchairs, you might be interested to read the following advice and information on the MNDA website (it also includes a short video):-

http://https://www.mndassociation.org/forprofessionals/mndmanagement/wheelchairs-for-mnd/types-of-wheelchair-for-mnd/

I hope you enjoy the Naidex event at the NEC, when you go there later this month.

Best wishes,
                  Kayleigh

Comment

Originally posted by Kayleigh View Post
                    Hi dkjc,

As part of your research about suitable wheelchairs, you might be interested to read the following advice and information on the MNDA website (it also includes a short video):-

http://https://www.mndassociation.org/forprofessionals/mndmanagement/wheelchairs-for-mnd/types-of-wheelchair-for-mnd/

I hope you enjoy the Naidex event at the NEC, when you go there later this month.

Best wishes,
                    Kayleigh
                    Hi Kayleigh Thank you v very much really looking forward to Naidex 2019

Comment

• Kayleigh
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2018

Hi dkjc,

I like the look of the Rollz Motion walker that you are going to see at the Naidex show. So handy that it converts into a wheelchair - such a great ideal!

Wheelchair services provided me with a manual wheelchair, but it's built like a tank and very heavy to push and lift in and out of the car.

I am beyond being able to use a rollator outside now, but the Rollz Motion would have been an ideal option for me a while ago - and my husband would have definitely appreciated pushing something lighter - he complains that its as heavy as a baby elephant LOL (just to clarify, it is the wheelchair he's referring to, and not me! - well I hope it is anyway!! )

Best wishes,
                      Kayleigh.
                      Last edited by Kayleigh; 8 March 2019, 00:54.

Comment

Hello, about 18 months ago I bought one of these but only used it a hand full of times. It's the purple one, I think I paid around & 500.00 for it. Unfortunately now I am in a wheelchair permenantly. If you are interested I am happy to sell mine, I've been meaning to get it on ebay. I am in North Yorkshire, if you are interested send me a private message.

Comment

Working...
                        X