• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dis1960
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2018

HSBC internet banking

Anyone else had problems with resetting internet banking with HSBC where they’ve been told I’ve lost the ability to speak due to MND but still need to go through and speak to someone
  • Terry
    Forum Member
    • May 2012

Hi Dis;

I had a incident in a bank where they actually said that I should get power of attorney and get someone else to manage my money. Boy did they regret that. THey gave me £100 to keep quite and I always went there with my taking machine and scooter and jammed the place up till they sorted my things out. They would roll out the red carpet and deal with me straight away. That happened eight years ago.

No great answer to your problem other than try to get a friend to do it explaining the situation. If that doesn't work then ask Mnda connect. It is disability discrimination and if necessary the bank needs to send someone to see you.

I don't do online banking mainly I'm worried about security but if anyone knows of a good bank online please let me know. My wife does most of the things but it's probably about time we got unto date.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Kayleigh
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2018

Hi Terry - you are such a star! I love your determination and the way you always stick up for yourself.

You could possibly get the bank you are currently with to change your account to an online account - I did that with my Barclay's current account.

I never used to have an online account, but I find it easier to do things like pay bills and check my account balance online. There is branch of Barclays in my local high street, but there always seems to be long queues and their opening hours have recently been reduced. I need to keep up to date with my finances - especially with all the online shopping I do!

Online security can be a concern, but I check my online account regularly, and no problems yet.

Recently, I got a spam e-mail saying that my PayPal account had been locked and I needed to click on a link and enter my bank account details to unlock it - I knew it was fake because I don't have a PayPal account - but I am very careful not to respond to random requests for my bank account details. Also, I never click on links like that, because it could take me to a fraudsters version of a website, that looks genuine but isn't.

Love
      Kayleigh x
      Last edited by Kayleigh; 6 March 2019, 16:16.

Comment

• Barry52
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2012

Hi Dis,

I bank with HSBC and use the Internet service for managing my finances and paying people like the cleaning and window cleaner as it is far more convenient than going to the branch. The safe key card provided is an extra layer of security. I did make my account jointly with my wife when my speech started going.
        Watching the lunch time news today where they reported that we are rapidly becoming a cashless society suggests we will have to embrace online banking soon. I don’t have any contactless cards because I don’t trust the system but I guess we will be forced into it eventually.

Best wishes,
        Barry
        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Dis1960
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2018

Thanks Barry, I liked the secure key until my grip weakened

Thanks Terry, We’re trying to go to the branch on Saturday ( it may be the first test of my newly minted Blue Badge ) but this response on Facebook from a friend and ex-colleague made me smile:

want me to ring up and shout at them for you Doug ... there is a special hell I built and paid for with bank charges especially for all HSBC employees!

Comment

• Dis1960
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2018

Slight change of plan - I stumbled on the way to the stairs and got a gash on my left arm ( thankfully not deep and it does seem to have stopped bleeding ) so my wife is going in to the branch to see what is possible

Comment

• Mandy124
              Forum Member
              • Sep 2017

We bank at First Direct and they are really first class, as my husband has bulbar mnd he has lost his voice and we have come up against this problem quite a bit with other companies but first direct just simply said to send an internal email requesting that I can speak in his place and it was all sorted

Comment

• Terry
                Forum Member
                • May 2012

Hi Dis,

Sorry to hear about your cut arm and I hope it is OK. One good thing, if you like rugby, it's on all afternoon.

Hope you're wife sorts it out. Maybe you can claim off of them for your cut, they seem to be liable for everything else.

Mandy, Its good to hear that first direct have been so reasonable, I'll keep them in mind.

Love Terry
                TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Boiler68
                  Forum Member
                  • Feb 2018

Halifax are good too. I mainly do my husband's banking online for him but now and again they will challenge a transaction (to stop fraudulent activity) and we have to ring in as they know his situation. I am named to speak with him, not for him, as he can just about say his name and date of birth. I like this safeguarding - no one has ever mentioned power of attorney from Halifax - and it gives hubby peace of mind that someone is looking out for him.
                  Boiler

Comment

Working...
                  X