• Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    Forum Member
    • May 2012

RIP, Rumba

It is so sad;

I'm sad to hear the news about Andrea.

I never knew her when she was well but Andrea seemed full of life and very positive to me. I enjoyed her company and I think she did mine. Below is what her husband emailed me today.

Dear Terry,

Though you have got MND, enjoy the life you have, doing what you can.
    The cruel form the MND Andrea got took her away from us on Tuesday early morning. She could not breathe on Friday , taken to the hospital. Was on the breathing machine but by sunday 3 am she had the ability to breathe on her own and maintain above 92% oxygen. She was also responding well to the antibiotics given to combat a lung infection. She caught a cold brought by a carer. She had been like that until sometime around mid-day the hospital staff hoisted her for some reason I could not understand. She had suffered a minor heart attack on Thursday too, we were unaware of. After they put her on the sling she had been struggling to breathe. She never recovered, passed away around 2.20 on Monday morning. I hope you understand I am not in position to write more at the moment. It had been such a short time since she was diagnosed. That was November 2016.

Best wishes,
    Jay
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.
  • Lynne K
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2017

Sorry to hear this about Andrea Terry. If Jay is on our forum I send hugs and love. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• shrew
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2018

so sorry for your loss x

Comment

• Kayleigh
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2018

Dear Terry,

I am sorry to hear the very sad news about your lovely friend Andrea.

It sounds like she was a wonderful lady who bravely made the most of every day, despite her diagnosis, so that she could enjoy many happy times with family and friends.

Undoubtedly, she valued the friendship she had with you Terry, and she always enjoyed your company, whenever you were able to meet up. I expect she was a very kind and caring person, just like you are.

My sincere condolences to you and Andrea's family. Thinking of you all at this very sad time.

Love
        Kayleigh x

Comment

• ccinjersey

My condolences to you, and your friend's family Terry.

Wishing them comfort and strength during this difficult.

CCxox

Comment

• Fru
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2016

This is very sad news about Andrea. We used to look out for her at the Cambridge meetings. Our thoughts at this time go out to Jay and all their family.
            Fru xx

Comment

• Boiler68
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2018

Sincere condolences to you Terry. I hope you're alright. Please pass on my sympathy to Andrea's family Xx

Comment

Working...
              X