Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Advise on a Motability Vehicle.

Hi Lynne

Our Wav took 6 months but that was only because of the automatic engine change which we did know about. It was something to do with emissions. I think it would have been much shorter time if the automatic engine had been available. They delivered the wav to us and took the car away at the same time.

Sue

Kev, I needed good car 4yrs ago once on wheelchair. I have Citreon Berlingo diesel automatic. Was able to drive for two years but have surrendered my driving licence now. My carer/wife finds it ok to drive. It is good and easy to get in and out down the rear ramp. Best wishes John

Thanks for the WAV timing info again Sue.

We pick up the repaired seats Thursday. Off for 11 days holiday Good Friday. I'm glad that I'll have the seats back because I can take my 3 grandchildren in the car on our holidays if their mum (my youngest daughter) wants to go on a long walk with some of our friends who will be there. There's about 66 of us this time.

When we come back I'll get in touch with my Ford garage Motability Rep' about changing to a WAV. Fingers crossed that their rules have changed about them not supplying WAVs but I want to try all different options so it's best to go to a dealer who has a wide choice. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

I hope you enjoy your Easter holiday Lynne. Hopefully the traffic won't be too busy when you travel on Friday and the weather will be dry and sunny while you are away.

Love and best wishes,

Kayleigh xx
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Forum Member
    Thanks Everyone,

We have appointments to try some different ones this week so I'll keep anyone who's interested in a WAV updated. Some mobility garages want to bring them to us to try but I am not sure how you can try different ones that way.

The advice is to get one that will suit long term needs to avoid having to change it. Just hard because there is so much choice. ( and lots of colours, Kayleigh)

Enjoy your holiday, Lynne.
    Love Debbie x

Forum Member
    I hope you have a nice holiday Lynne. I think the weather is going to be good.

Love Sheila.

Thanks Kayleigh x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Thanks Sheila x

We used Allied Mobility for our Wav,they bought out 2 different vehicles on one day. Steve tried them out and we went for a drive in one of them, Steve didn’t fit in the belingo so we tried the Ford independence. We wanted to try the VW Caddy long base too, but they didn’t do it so we went with another company(all from the motability site). This proved to be ok but we didn’t have room to carry equipment etc. In the end we went with the ford independent, it’s like a minibus that’s been converted. We have been on holiday in it with a folding hoist, lots of bedding and different equipment he needed. Everything depends on the size of your chair. Steve’s chair is long because he drives with his foot and he likes to lie back because of his neck pain. You have to try different ones to suit your needs, but also think about the future. We now have cough machine, suction machine and feeding tube equipment and feeds, they all take up room.

Hope you both can find what you want. Hope you enjoy your holiday Lynne.

Sue

Have a great holiday with your family Lynne and make sure they pamper to your every need.

Love,
    Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!