Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fungal and microbial ?

Hi Andy,

Please let me know as I am considering changing my source.

Barry
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Thank you for your good wishes Ellie - I hope they have some effect

The charges were as shown as totalling £65.51

doc00223820191022102819.jpg
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

Cheaper than doing 3 x 2 month supplies Andy, factoring in 3 shipping and 3 handling charges - you were wise to get a full 6 month supply!
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

A humble word of caution from non medically trained me. A high percentage of people with MND who also have a fungal infection would not necessarily mean that fungus is a cause of MND. As stated previously a compromised immune system would be more susceptible to infections of all kinds, including fungal. Care ought be taken before cause and effect is assumed. Lynne
    Last edited by Lynne K; 22nd October 2019 at 19:28.
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Good morning

Oh, caution clearly required, but nothing apparently lost from trying.

Apart from money!

I saw part of this and then had to do some thing else and they were talking about reversals.............

https://healingalsconference.org

Does anybody have access to the conference video recording or whatever they have that would allow us to view this at our leisure?

And Barry I realised I did not respond to your message about supplier- my supply came from Naturally Healthy Concepts in Wisconsin - https://www.nhc.com
    Warmly

Andy

MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

This thread has morphed into 2 topics !!

Just to clarify: Curcumin isn't an antifungal supplement, but is an antiinflammatory and an antioxidant.

Theracurmin is its most bioavailable form, i.e. how much actually is absorbed by the body.

Love Ellie.

Andy, I watched some (sponsored) live streams from that Healing ALS conference over the weekend.

Recordings are available for a fee (no idea cost)

From what I watched, I learned nothing new, but I did not watch every speaker.

If you look at the schedule and see any particular speaker / topic of interest, you could always contact the organisers.

Love Ellie.

Hi Barry,

Just thinking that for you it might be easier for you to buy the Theracurmin on ebay (US site) and use the Global Shipping Programme?

Any VAT and Custom Duty due are calculated and prepaid at checkout, so the item is delivered to your door as normal. And no, it's not a rip off!

I use it any time I order from ebay US.

Love Ellie.

Good morning Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Just to clarify: Curcumin isn't an antifungal supplement, but is an antiinflammatory and an antioxidant.
    Indeed!

There does seem to be some confusion in the ALS community in the US of A about this as, of course, both are concerned with gut flora in some way or other.

And Dr Bedlack is clear - he believes it is the anti-inflammatory/antioxidant effect that is efficacious as far as I can see.

At least this is what I am hoping for!
    Warmly

Andy

Good morning,

Back to report my first week of this trial!

The packaging recommends taking two tablets twice a day for a week, presumably to put in some sort of zap and then going back to 1 twice a day for the foreseeable future.

The only thing I have noticed is a change in fasiculation, which of course may have nothing to do with taking theracumin - the bicep in my left arm was really thumping and also my legs were twitching last week to the extent I was discussing with my wife the possibility of getting some drugs to control my fasiculation so that I could sleep - and today this has really seems to have calmed down.

Of course this could simply mean that one or more nerve fibre(s) has/have now died or it could mean this stuff is having some effect.

We live in hope!
    Warmly

Andy