• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barry52
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2012

Hi Andy,

Please let me know as I am considering changing my source.

Barry
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• nunhead_man
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2017

Thank you for your good wishes Ellie - I hope they have some effect

The charges were as shown as totalling £65.51

doc00223820191022102819.jpg
      Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 90% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including both shoulders and also some breathing issues – Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

• Ellie
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2012

Cheaper than doing 3 x 2 month supplies Andy, factoring in 3 shipping and 3 handling charges - you were wise to get a full 6 month supply!
        ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Lynne K
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2017

A humble word of caution from non medically trained me. A high percentage of people with MND who also have a fungal infection would not necessarily mean that fungus is a cause of MND. As stated previously a compromised immune system would be more susceptible to infections of all kinds, including fungal. Care ought be taken before cause and effect is assumed. Lynne
          Last edited by Lynne K; 22 October 2019, 17:28.
          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• nunhead_man
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2017

Good morning

Oh, caution clearly required, but nothing apparently lost from trying.

Apart from money!

I saw part of this and then had to do some thing else and they were talking about reversals.............

Does anybody have access to the conference video recording or whatever they have that would allow us to view this at our leisure?

And Barry I realised I did not respond to your message about supplier- my supply came from Naturally Healthy Concepts in Wisconsin - https://www.nhc.com
            Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 90% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including both shoulders and also some breathing issues – Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

• Ellie
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2012

This thread has morphed into 2 topics !!

Just to clarify: Curcumin isn't an antifungal supplement, but is an antiinflammatory and an antioxidant.

Theracurmin is its most bioavailable form, i.e. how much actually is absorbed by the body.

Love Ellie.
              Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Ellie
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2012

Andy, I watched some (sponsored) live streams from that Healing ALS conference over the weekend.

Recordings are available for a fee (no idea cost)

From what I watched, I learned nothing new, but I did not watch every speaker.

If you look at the schedule and see any particular speaker / topic of interest, you could always contact the organisers.

Love Ellie.

Comment

• Ellie
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2012

Hi Barry,

Just thinking that for you it might be easier for you to buy the Theracurmin on ebay (US site) and use the Global Shipping Programme?

Any VAT and Custom Duty due are calculated and prepaid at checkout, so the item is delivered to your door as normal. And no, it's not a rip off!

I use it any time I order from ebay US.

Love Ellie.

Comment

• nunhead_man
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2017

Good morning Ellie

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                    Just to clarify: Curcumin isn't an antifungal supplement, but is an antiinflammatory and an antioxidant.
                    Indeed!

There does seem to be some confusion in the ALS community in the US of A about this as, of course, both are concerned with gut flora in some way or other.

And Dr Bedlack is clear - he believes it is the anti-inflammatory/antioxidant effect that is efficacious as far as I can see.

At least this is what I am hoping for!
                    Warmly

Andy

Comment

• nunhead_man
                      Forum Member
                      • Jul 2017

Good morning,

Back to report my first week of this trial!

The packaging recommends taking two tablets twice a day for a week, presumably to put in some sort of zap and then going back to 1 twice a day for the foreseeable future.

The only thing I have noticed is a change in fasiculation, which of course may have nothing to do with taking theracumin - the bicep in my left arm was really thumping and also my legs were twitching last week to the extent I was discussing with my wife the possibility of getting some drugs to control my fasiculation so that I could sleep - and today this has really seems to have calmed down.

Of course this could simply mean that one or more nerve fibre(s) has/have now died or it could mean this stuff is having some effect.

We live in hope!
                      Warmly

Andy

Comment

• Ellie
                        Forum Member
                        • Oct 2012

Andy,

I'm also taking it, but am doing so for its anti-inflamatory properties, rather than to improve my physical disabilities (I'm too far gone but obvs any plus would be a huge Brucie Bonus !!!!) I have noticed a reduction in the frequency I now need to take Ibuprofen for pain - which is very welcome indeed.

I believe Dr Bedlack recommends taking 2 capsules every day for the 6 months - you may want to check.

Best of luck.

Love Ellie.

Comment

• nunhead_man
                          Forum Member
                          • Jul 2017

Good morning Ellie

Interesting that is having that effect on your painkiller use – I assume there is nothing else going on in your life that has resulted in you being more pain-free?

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                          I believe Dr Bedlack recommends taking 2 capsules every day for the 6 months - you may want to check
                          I just double checked the packaging - it does suggest, as I said, to take double the dose you mention for a week to start with and then go down to one per day, which is what I am now taking
                          Warmly

Andy

Comment

• Ellie
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2012

No, Andy, I've not done anything else which could potentially affect my pain levels. As an FYI, my pain is largely mechanical pain caused by weak neck muscles and it is this pain which has reduced as a potential side effect of taking Theracurmin. It has long been touted for joint pain anyway, so this could explain the reduction.

Dr Bedlack's Theracurmin trial design is for 6 months of "Theracurmin (Integrative Therapeutics) at 1 BID" - where BID is doctor speak for twice daily, so is different to the dose recommended on the container.

Love Ellie.

Comment

• nunhead_man
                              Forum Member
                              • Jul 2017

Hello all,

I was seeing something somewhere about having to take curcumin with some sort of fat to make it absorb properly - is that a true book?

Also having a dig around in a break from work and found this

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) is a fatal neurodegenerative disease that affects motor neurons. Unfortunately, effective therapeutics against this disease is still not available. Almost 20% of familial ALS (fALS) is suggested to be associated with pathological deposition of superoxide dismutase …

And

Columnist Dagmar Munn finds that common-sense practices followed by "ALS reversals" apply to anyone wanting to live a healthier life.

and has there been a proper study of reversals?
                              Warmly

Andy

Comment

• Barry52
                                Forum Member
                                • Mar 2012

Hello Andy,

I take a water soluble curcumin in my daily juice drink. It is not a cheap supplement but I believe it improves my general well-being.

A world-first. Water-soluble, full-spectrum, Turmeric derived Curcumin concentrate with synergistic organic botanicals. Curcumin supplement available in 100ml and 200ml bottles. Guaranteed the best liquid curcumin in the UK

Best wishes,
                                Barry
                                I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Working...
                                X