Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Hi, good luck with your Mir on Saturday. I never had one, . I was diagnosed in January. About 2 years ago I was diagnosed with osteoporosis, now I am wondering if there is any connection.
    Best wishes
    Sheila
    Sheila, my hubby has had severe rheumatoid arthritis for 30 years. When he was diagnosed with MND we asked if there was any connection we were told no.

Forum Member
    Thanks Sheila what were your symptoms? My right hand feels painful weak and there is atrophy which can be seen physio saw it straight away as mentioned emg showed slight abnormality in hand giving me trouble hoping mri will shed light I also find around wrist area feels sore now and can't write without pain it's the not knowing that's the worse

Forum Member
    I also have numbness in hands and light feeling in leg

Forum Member
    Thanks music man's wife, I had a feeling there was no connection. Just another illness we have to deal with. I hope your husband is keeping well and yourself.

Forum Member
    Just wondered if anyone had similar symptoms

Forum Member
    Hi sky, my symptoms were weak right hand and losing grip. Same thing happened to left hand, also muscle wastage and twitching . I hope you find answers to your problem.

Forum Member
    So similar just that emg said sligj abnormality neuro said should show more I am not an expert on emg guess have to wait see what mri shows

Sky, I'm sorry you are still anxious about having ALS/MND, despite having an EMG which showed up no signs of ALS/MND and being cleared of it by your Neurologist.

Please realise that asking the same question over and over to people with a diagnosis of an MND, when you've been cleared of having the disease, is really disrespectful. People with ALS/MND who have "weakness" in a hand have very different EMG findings than yours.

I hope the MRI gives you an answer as to whatever is causing your symptoms, but it is not MND-related.

Wishing you all the best.

Love Ellie.
    Last edited by Ellie; 2nd April 2019 at 13:10.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Oh I am so sorry I didn't mean any offence I just got in a tailspin I am living alone which isn't helping I apolgise it wasn't intended

Quote Originally Posted by Skyvano View Post
    I am having a mri on sat on spine hoping I can find out what is wrong
    Just the mear fact they are scanning your spine and not the head means they are thinking about something else. It is not a normal test for Mnd.

Love Terry