Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Help please

All my carers are indisposed today and currently, I am going to have no drink and food for 40 hours. I am bedridden and totally helpless. Please could someone please help me.
  • Resolved.

Comment

• Terry
      Forum Member
      • May 2012

Hi Graham,

Pleased to hear that it is resolved, it is hard to sort anything out Friday evening and over the weekend. Unfortunately that is when most of the problems occur.

It's about time you supported England in chess, we need you.

Love Terry
      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Hi Terry,

Been a long hard day with minimal food and drink. I have to work exceptionally hard to keep my head above water.

A 'little hitler' threw me out of the team for criticising the 'top dogs' for missing important games. I can do without it now.

Love Graham

Comment

• nunhead_man
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2017

Good evening Graham

Originally posted by Graham View Post
          All my carers are indisposed today and currently, I am going to have no drink and food for 40 hours. I am bedridden and totally helpless. Please could someone please help me.
          Erk! I am so glad you got sorted - finding people at such short notice must be a real trial

Concerning your line about " a 'little hitler' threw me out of the team for criticising the 'top dogs' for missing important games". it seems ridiculous to treat somebody like yourself in this way as all those around me take allowance for the anger I have about the unfairness of my situation here - which I believe is a million miles better than yours

Best wishes

Andy
          Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 90% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including both shoulders and also some breathing issues – Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

• Terry
            Forum Member
            • May 2012

I just can't understand them throwing you out, Graham;

I guess your care arrangements have changed in the last year or two. I keep a couple of bottles of fortified drinks around but i would not last long without help.

Come back to Chess dot com, you can teach me to play proper. I nearly won a tournament but I am losing in the last game that I need to win to win it. There was something like a hundred players to start with.

Maybe you can help me cheat because I don't think that I will win by playing fairly.

Hope you are getting better care.

Love Terry
            TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Hi Terry, Andy,

It was Taurusmale66, I think that booted me out. I pointed out that the top 3 players in the team rankings never played in the team matches and should be removed from the rankings and team. He chose to remove me instead.

I am under serious pressure from DWP AtW and I must turnover 6000 in the next 3 months, otherwise I will lose funding for my support worker. We currently have 2 hot prospects and its 'all hands to the pumps'.

I sacked the carer that left me high and dry. It is the kind of nonsense I really don't need.

Terry, I can advise you to look at the position a few times over with fresh eyes and mind. Use the full 3 days. Try to complicate the position rather than exchanging pieces if you are losing.

Yes Andy, health is wealth. Some people have no idea.

Love Graham

Comment

• MNDConnect
                Forum Moderator
                • Mar 2016

Hi Graham

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with carers and the DWP. Please do contact us directly if there is anything that we can do. We are available at [email protected]

Best Wishes
                Rachel
                MND Connect Adviser
                MND Connect
                Contact us on 0808 802 6262 or at [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X