Thread: New MNDA website

New MNDA website

Today was the AGM of the Oxfordshire MNDA. It included a talk by Chris James, Director of External Affairs.

Amongst other things, he mentioned that the MNDA will be launching a new website in two or three weeks. In answer to a question he said there would be an announcement on the existing site in due course and that the new one had been extensively tested.

Fingers crossed!

Doug

Many thanks for letting us know about the impending new website Doug. Hopefully everything will go smoothly when it is launched.

I have got used to finding my way around the website as it is now, but it will be interesting to see what the new website is like. Hopefully it will include a forum that is the same or similar to this one.

I hope you've had an enjoyable weekend.

Love and best wishes,

Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 7th April 2019 at 23:58.

Thanks Kayleigh

Like you, I find the existing website pretty straightforward to navigate, although I use only a tiny bit of it most of the time. But apparently, under the bonnet, it's a bit messy - hence the new version.

Chris made a point of saying that the MNDA recognised the importance of the forum, which is not surprising but still nice to hear.

I'm a bit of a pessimist (realist?) when it comes to big IT changes, but I'm hoping to be wrong about this one! I have, however, taken the precaution of downloading copies of important posts and archiving them locally.

Hugs

Doug

Forum Member
    I hope they don't make it to difficult, I have only just got use to this one.

Sheila

I don't think you need worry Sheila - it's the main MNDA website that will be relaunched, the Forum won't change.

Doug will correct me if I'm wrong.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hello all,

I just wanted to confirm to you all that the new website will not change or effect the forum, as they are two separate sites. All the mechanics, posts and threads of the forum will remain the same for now.

Many thanks,

Forum admin

Forum Member
    Thanks for info
    Sheila.