Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Awaiting diagnosis

He was probably looking out at you mowing the lawn smirking to himself thinking it's about time that woman got to know the lawnmower

If you don't laugh at crisis times as these are, you just cry...

Hope you can relax a bit over the long weekend with the family xx
    Last edited by Ellie; 18th April 2019 at 16:48.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Forum Member
    Ellie,
    I’ve cried most of the afternoon now that just made me laugh! Funny I was thinking when I was mowing the lawn just how spoilt I was!
    No long weekend for me! The joys of being a nurse! 12 hour shift Saturday and Sunday but I’m off Monday and Tuesday. Hope you enjoy your break and thanks for the much needed laugh
    Kitty

Dear Kitty.

I feel for you and your husband. I remember how frustrating it was to have to wait for test results. Hopefully your husband will get an appointment with a neurolgist very soon.

Ellie's post made me smile and I'm glad that it cheered you up too.

The amount of stress is we are under is ridiculous sometimes - but I try to have a laugh and joke with my family whenever I can.

Although - my husband isn't too impressed when I 'jokingly' remind him not to miss the edges out when he is mopping the kitchen floor! He's not nearly as good at mopping as I was - but with my 'helpful' instructions (or as he says, 'bossy' instructions!LOL) he's getting much better at it! LOL

I hope you are able to get some time to relax and rest. Hopefully, your family and friends are helping you out with things, as it must be extremely tIring if you are having to work shifts as a nurse as well as running your home by yourself.

Love,
    Kayleigh xx
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 19th April 2019 at 12:33. Reason: Realised my spelling mistake - had put moping instead of mopping - husband is quite good at both though! LOL
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Forum Member
    Hi Kitty,

Please dont apologise.. waiting for test results is agonising and extremely frustrating. It is hard to cope when you dont know what you're coping with. Also, you and your husband are not getting the practical and emotional support you need to make life easier and safer.

Ellie's and Kayleigh's posts really made me chuckle too and I am glad it made you smile.
    Ellie's made me smile because I never cut the grass either and just to be contrary, now I really want to!
    Kayleigh, my husband never washes the corners of the floor either ! If I am feeling tactful I ignore it and dont look ! Like you we do laugh and joke about the strangest things.

Kitty, I hope you manage some rest and relaxation after your long shifts. I know its easier said than done, but you do need to look after yourself.

Love Debbie x

Forum Member
    Debbie and Kayleigh,
    Thank you so much for your replies and your support. From your replies I’m gaining more and more useful insights to how my
    Husband is feeling and coping. Yes it’s good to laugh at things as well, humour can be a great medicine.
    On another note I emailed consultant re MRI results and have received a reply this morning saying a letter is being sent out to my husband today. Hopefully some news soon. Will keep you all updated and again thank you for all your kindness. Oh and Debbie every time I mow the lawn I will think of you and be thankful that I’ve had the chance to do it!
    Kitty

Hi Kitty;

It's good therapy, if you automatically think of funny things when doing something.

I try to see the funny side of things and people.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Terry,
    Thank you. I’m going to try to see the funny side of things more often, way better than crying. Just need a change in mindset. Thanks again for reply
    Kitty