• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    Forum Member
    • May 2012

Hi Andy;

I have got Riluzole Teva without any trouble (NOT GLENTECH BRAND prefers teva or actavis)

Speak to the pharmacist and if need be your doctor about the real problem with the Glentech ones.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Lynne K
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2017

I have Sun Pharma Riluzole this time for my 3 month supply from the local Asda Pharmacy. This is the first time that my prescription has gone to them and the first time that I've had this brand (Glentek usually from Tesco and the local pharmacy near to our previous house). I hope that Asda can keep getting Sun Pharma because they are much easier to take. Lynne
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• nunhead_man
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2017

Hi Lynne

Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
        I have Sun Pharma Riluzole this time for my 3 month supply from the local Asda Pharmacy.
        My doc has me on a 6 month supply so I have been trawling around the local supermarkets, talking to the chemists, which of course are concessions within the supermarket - and it seems nobody can get the Sun Pharma ones

So I am stuck with the glentech ones which seem to have changed in that they no longer burn my mouth, but they do seem to dissolve quite quickly. If I do not swallow them quickly.

A small part of the pain in the ************ that is this disease.
        Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 90% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including both shoulders and also some breathing issues – Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

• Ellie
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2012

Ahh, the benefits of getting meds through a feeding tube
          ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• nunhead_man
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
            Ahh, the benefits of getting meds through a feeding tube
            Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 90% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including both shoulders and also some breathing issues – Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

Working...
            X