Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye rituals

Forum Member
    Hi Everyone,

I love the picture Kayleigh.. it really made me chuckle .Well done for finding it !

It's strange and very frivolous that with all the challenges of MND I too was very upset to throw out my high shoes and skinny Jeans. You would think that would be the least of my problems but I asked my husband to do it and I didn't watch.

On a positive note, now I am in a wheelchair I dont wear out my shoes and the warm weather makes it possible to be bare foot, which feels lovely.

Thanks for the laughs,
    Love Debbie x

I totally get it about the shoes. I was so upset to send my heels to charity. Was a bit selfish as I have friends with same size as me but i didn't want to see them wearing the shoes i loved

Completely understandable and not selfish at all Pink.

Giving your shoes to charity instead of offering them to your friends was the most appropriate thing to do under the circumstances. Anyway, it was generous of you to give them to charity rather than selling them on e-bay!

You are a lovely lady with a heart of gold.

Love and hugs
    Kayleigh xx
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Thanks to Andy for starting this thread and to Kayleigh for bringing a smile to my face with her pictures. Speaking of shoes I canít bring myself to throwing out my collection but over the last year I have only been wearing Sketchers.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Good morning Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry52 View Post
    Thanks to Andy for starting this thread and to Kayleigh for bringing a smile to my face with her pictures.
    Thank you in return, and some of the responses have brought a smile to my face as well.

This is needed as I was crying over my 2 lovely fountain pens that I had as gifts from employers which I can no longer use and wondering about re-homing those and the bottles of ink I had kept.

For a long time I have been using voice dictation and my mobile phone to take notes but there is a real difference between doing this for convenience and having to do it because I cannot do anything else

Warmly

Andy
    Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.

Oh ladies, high heels and skinny jeans. It was a sad day when I said goodbye to them and hello to flat shoes and elasticated waists.
    Saying goodbye to my GHD’s was a tough one too. My husband does a great job blow drying my hair but asking him to master the GHD’s is a bit too much. Gentleman for your info GHD’s are magical hair straighteners! The ladies will know where I am coming from!

GHD's seem like a distant memory now - happy memories of what seems like a different Kayleigh in another lifetime!

Oh for those care-free days, when all I had to worry about was making sure my hair and makeup was just as I liked it. I used to panic if I ran out of hairspray - seems so trivial now!

I can still manage to do a simple hair-style and a bit of make up - but with my unsteady hands, I definitely give the black eyeliner a miss these days!... but I've nearly managed to poke my eye out with the mascara wand, on several occasions! LOL

I suppose that I should admit defeat and chuck the make-up out - but after decades of wearing make-up every day, it's a hard habit to break! Would people recognise me without it? - and would I even recognise myself? LOL.

I suppose I'm just trying to cling onto as much of the Kayleigh I recognise, for as long as possible.

Never mind, I'll save lots of money by not ordering from Avon every month, and I'll enjoy letting the Summer sunshine give my 'boat race' a golden glow!

Love and hugs,
    Kayleigh xx
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 23rd April 2019 at 21:36.
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

It’s a two minute job getting ready to go out these days. And hardly any make-up take off at night so that’s got to be a bonus.I have my eyebrows and lashes tinted Kayleigh, after having poked myself in the eye several times like you and ended up looking like Alice Cooper!
    I certainly wouldn’t go out without my lippy either. A girl has standards!
    Please don’t chuck the makeup.
    We must let our natural beauty shine through! XXX

Thanks for the great tip about tinting! - It will save me a lot of time and hassle. I agree about the lippy too! I definitely don't want my standards to slip - and where there's a will, there's a way
    Love
    Kayleigh xx

Ladies,

I bet your husbands are delighted they no longer hang around waiting for you to get ready since you have discovered time saving methods lol.

When I get ready to go out my wife always adds 15 minutes to what I say because she is now hanging around for me.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!