Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Voice banking.

Forum Member

Voice banking.

Anyone tried voice banking? Anyone got any recommendations or advice please?

Hi Jim;

Do it as soon as you can, there is no cost till you want to download it and use it.

Contact Richard Cave, via Mnda connect.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    How much dose it cost?

Hi Jim;

I don't think there's any cost till you down load it.

I think that Richard said that it costs 100 euro but give him a ring on Monday and ask.

Love Terry

According to MND Scotland (20/07/2018) Acapela costs €2400 (about £2070) plus £120 for an App if it’s to be used on iOS.

Further info: https://www.mndscotland.org.uk/media...king-final.pdf

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Once again may I remind everyone that the NHS is obliged to provide anyone with speech problems a method of communication. This may include a tablet and speech app, in my case an iPad and predictable. Given the financial constraints on the NHS they are clearly not going to provide the ridiculously expensive Acepela system.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Thanks for kindly giving us that very useful information Barry.

Sometimes we are not pro-actively told by Speech Therapists etc what they should be supplying us with free of charge - and so it's good to have an idea of what our statutory entitlement is.

Best wishes
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 28th April 2019 at 02:15.

Hi Barry and Ellie,

Richard told me that the cost of the speech to download was very similar to model talker and was 100 euros. He gave the impression that the Mnda have been working with them, so maybe he has secured a special rate. I could have misunderstood but that would be a first.

Most of the special made computer talking machines seem to cost over £2000, but they are probably better than I Pads for talking.

Love Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry52 View Post
    Once again may I remind everyone that the NHS is obliged to provide anyone with speech problems a method of communication.
    Hi Barry,

Does that include voice banking?

Love Ellie.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post

Richard told me that the cost of the speech to download was very similar to model talker and was 100 euros. He gave the impression that the Mnda have been working with them, so maybe he has secured a special rate. I could have misunderstood but that would be a first.
    It would be great if it were only €100 to buy your own Acapela voice - the bargain of the century...

The actual voice banking recordings are free to do, the charge comes when you want to download the finished product.

Anyway, I'm sure Richard will clarify the pricing structure for you.

If you buy your own banked voice from Acapela, it will also be available to use on Predictable from "April 2019".

Love Ellie.