• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Catsparkle
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2018

Im finding the forum hard to use

It's very hard to use on my phone now that I am writing a post the font is enormous and I can't see what I'm writing and this scaling issue seems to be a problem looking at the forum itself and posts. Have i missed a trick to make it more phone friendly?
  • Catsparkle
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2018

I just selected a different size front but it hasn't made any difference to what I can see as I'm writing.

Comment

• Catsparkle
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2018

Apologies for the lack of punctuation and enormously long sentences!

Comment

• Terry
        Forum Member
        • May 2012

Hi CS;

I guess you've tried the the "Text size" just above the search box at the top right of page.

It's even harder writing when you can't see the whole sentence, I have that trouble with my Lightwriter.

Love Terry
        TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Kayleigh
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2018

Hi Lisa

No need to apologise - I find it fiddly to post using my phone too!

As mentioned by Terry, on the top right hand corner there is Text Size (with 'A' in 3 sizes next to it) - I didn't realise this at first, and was squinting for a long time before I noticed!

If you don't have an i-pad, it might be worth your asking your Speech and Language Therapist if she/he can supply you with one free of charge - or perhaps ask the MNDA if they can provide funding for one? (I find that the keyboard on an I-pad is much easier to use than the one on my phone).

I hope you and your lovely daughter are ok.

Love and best wishes to you both.
          Kayleigh x

Comment

• Catsparkle
            Forum Member
            • Jun 2018

Hi Kayleigh and Terry, I've found that but for some some reason it doesnt work as i type. I suspect the issue is it's a desktop site running PM a phone which makes it impossible to use. I do have an ipad, but i also have an 11 year old app not likely to get in on that then
            Sounds like this is something they should look at,i find a phone easier to hold and use than an iPad. Also it's 2019 hehe

Comment

• Catsparkle
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2018

Hi Kayleigh, I'm currently homeless as i can't get up the stairs to my flat, MP involved and everything! At mum's, tongue is going now, boo

Comment

• Kayleigh
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2018

Hi Lisa,

It's terrible that the Council hasn't sorted out your housing yet! - hopefully the MP will kick some butts at the Council, so that they find somewhere for you very soon! Although it might not be ideal, I'm glad you are able to stay at your mum's in the meantime.

I hope you had a great holiday in Rome - despite all those bumpy cobbles!

Love,
                Kayleigh x
                Last edited by Kayleigh; 6 May 2019, 23:17.

Comment

• Lynne K
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2017

Hi Cat.' I use my index finger and thumb on my phone screen and separate them to enlarge, pinch them towards each other to make smaller. I'm right handed so normally use that hand. But my fingers mostly on my right hand are getting weak. Sometimes it's difficult to do so I use two hands to do the same thing, not always successfully. I guess that you can't use your fingers this way but there may be a way to do it. Lynne
                  ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Catsparkle
                    Forum Member
                    • Jun 2018

Hi Lynne, i can't do that with my fingers any more so I use the limited dexterity function box on my phone, its very useful.however, if it had a phone friendly interface we wouldn't need to constantly zoom in and out

Comment

• Lynne K
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2017

Hi Cat.' I see what you explained. When I type messages on forums I don't always see where my cursor is or the previous few words. I check my messages and have to go back to make corrections because of my clumsy fingers or SwiftKey (my mobile keyboard) making errors that I hadn't noticed. So I see where you are coming from. I put my fingers on the text just now to move the text box around so that I can check it, but after I clicked to post my message I noticed a mistake. So I'm back to edit. I do this all the time. It's very frustrating. Like you I'd prefer to see the whole text box to follow what I'm typing more easily. I guess that I'm in the lucky position of so far having working fingers, although they misbehave. Love Lynne x
                      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

• Gillette
                        Forum Member
                        • Mar 2019

Hi Catsparkle and Lynne, maybe the difficulties of using a phone for the forum should be reported to the Admin Team. It sounds like the sort of problem that could be solved by fiddling with the forum behind the scenes.
                        Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

• Catsparkle
                          Forum Member
                          • Jun 2018

Can we tag them?

Comment

• Catsparkle
                            Forum Member
                            • Jun 2018

#admin

Comment

• Lynne K
                              Forum Member
                              • Nov 2017

Thanks Dina, good idea. The admin team watch posts so hopefully they'll get the tech' team to look into it. Lynne x

Comment

Working...
                              X