Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Im finding the forum hard to use

Hi Cat.' I see what you explained. When I type messages on forums I don't always see where my cursor is or the previous few words. I check my messages and have to go back to make corrections because of my clumsy fingers or SwiftKey (my mobile keyboard) making errors that I hadn't noticed. So I see where you are coming from. I put my fingers on the text just now to move the text box around so that I can check it, but after I clicked to post my message I noticed a mistake. So I'm back to edit. I do this all the time. It's very frustrating. Like you I'd prefer to see the whole text box to follow what I'm typing more easily. I guess that I'm in the lucky position of so far having working fingers, although they misbehave. Love Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Hi Catsparkle and Lynne, maybe the difficulties of using a phone for the forum should be reported to the Admin Team. It sounds like the sort of problem that could be solved by fiddling with the forum behind the scenes.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    Can we tag them?

Forum Member
    #admin

Thanks Dina, good idea. The admin team watch posts so hopefully they'll get the tech' team to look into it. Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Lisa, it's probably a good idea to send Admin a PM with a link to this thread so you know they'll def see your issues.

Tagging isn't a thing on the Forum AFAIK!

Thread titles such as this one should elicit reaction from Admin!!!

Love Ellie.
    Last edited by Ellie; 7th May 2019 at 17:33.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback on the issues raised below, particularly regarding using the forum on your phone. You are right Catsparkle, it is because it is a desktop site running on a mobile. I have experienced the same issues when I have been looking at the forum remotely on a phone and agree, it is not the best screen view or in any way easy to use – I can imagine it is especially difficult if MND has effected the movements in your hands. I’m sorry this is so frustrating for some of you.

We have been looking into options to develop the site to make it more mobile friendly, especially as we have seen an increase of users accessing the forum via their phones. This feedback will certainly help move those options forward, however because making the forum mobile friendly will incur a cost, we do have to take this into consideration in our broader budgeting.

In regards to this, in the next few months, we may seek out more of your feedback and suggestions with how to make the forum more user friendly and accessible. I will come back to you very soon to gain more of your feedback.

Sorry again to everyone, and hopefully we'll get this improved over the next few months.

Hi,

I have a android tablet and my screen has changed and I have trouble navigating and finding the recent posts.

I do hope that I can get the old system back on it.

Terry

Hello Terry - If you click on 'full site' at the bottom of the screen it should take you to the original format of the forum.

Love.
    Kayleigh
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 11th July 2019 at 10:01.

Forum Member
    Yes, I found the new system time consuming and impossible to use because it doesn't give immediate information. Thank heavens for the old format. xx