• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kayleigh
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2018

Originally posted by JAY TEE View Post
    ‘Wheelchair. I have Salsa M2 and the main drive wheels got a good grip. I get over ground and fields well. I have used it few times on cruises to the Med and getting in out boat usually easy. Been on lots cruises in fit days and had sailing boat and share of boat in Greece in Ionian. Getting off cruise ship easy and most places visited they had good disabled buses take into town or if near I went in for good ride. The battery power very good and I always worked on no more than 8 miles. Most difficult place get off is Gibraltar as most ships drop down bit steep. Always risked getting off there as my sister lives there and the whisky is totally durty free and fags I got for my brother as I have never ever had a drag on a *********.
    Hi John,

Good to hear that you have had some great times on your travels (especially with all that duty-free whisky! ).

Thanks for the recommendation about the Salsa M2 - it sounds like a very sturdy and reliable wheelchair that is suitable for most terrains!

I hope you and your family are ok. I expect your grandson still enjoys playing rugby! A shame that England didn't win the Six Nations Rugby in the end, but I still found it a very exciting tournament to watch.

The Spring seems to be going very quickly, and any tennis fans on the forum have only got a couple of months to wait until Wimbledon is on the TV again!

Love and best wishes to you and your family,
    Kayleigh x

Comment

Hi all, We had a super time at the show. The Outlander wheelchair with it's mountain bike tyres was super. The smoothest ride over grass up and down curbs. My husband said with the combination of the Free wheel it was very easy to push over different terrain. While going round the show we were stopped and asked about the wheelchair which we got from Care co. We were also asked about the Free wheel and adaptor for use with folding chairs. One lady who was in a NHS wheelchair said "wow I like your chair" and throughout the day when we passed her Iheard her say "I do like that chair". We would highly recommend both the Outlander chair and the Free wheel.

Love Ginger

Comment

• Kayleigh
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2018

Hi Ginger,

Great to hear that you and your husband enjoyed the show - and also great that the new wheelchair & freewheel combination is such a success!

I hope you and your family enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Love,
        Kayleigh xx

Comment

Originally posted by Kayleigh View Post
          Hi Ginger,

Great to hear that you and your husband enjoyed the show - and also great that the new wheelchair & freewheel combination is such a success!

I hope you and your family enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Love,
          Kayleigh xx
          Hi Kayleigh, Thank you and you enjoy the rest of the weekend. Weather is warmer

Love Ginger

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
            Forum Member
            • May 2017

Hi Ginger

I’m so pleased you had a lovely day at the show. I trust you didn’t buy too many Barbour jackets or silk blouses!

Many thanks for letting us know how the Outlander performed. I’m sure with the free wheel it was great to manoeuvre. May I ask – how do you think it would have managed on is own on rough grass? I’m interested because I’m not sure I can afford both, at least at the same time. But I don’t need to travel great distances, just move around a rather big and wild garden, and slowly is fine.

My NHS standard issue Invacare Action2 is pretty useless on grass. The narrow solid tyres just dig in and I can’t shift it. Even with assistance it’s very difficult to make progress – and impossible on even a gentle slope.

I’ll try to find a showroom where I can have a look at the Outlander, but your views are crucial.

Doug
            Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Hi Doug

My husband said the good thing about The Outlander is the front wheels are larger and thicker than an NHS wheelchair. The mountain bike wheels should help over the grass. We haven't tried it on it's own without the free wheel.

If you could get into a showroom to try it out .Care co are the cheapest I think. I must say we went food shopping today in my NHS wheelchair and wow the difference compared to the Outlander is immense.

Hope this help Love Ginger.

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
                Forum Member
                • May 2017

Many, many thanks Ginger!

That's a crucial and very helpful bit of information about the front wheels, which was worrying me actually. On my NHS chair they're quite narrow, like the big rear wheels. Just being a bit fatter will make all the difference.

I'm most grateful.

Hugs

Doug
                Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Working...
                X