• Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    Forum Member
    • May 2012

Difficulty in using the forum with a mobile phone

Can you take a look at this thread, please,

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.
  • Ellie
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2012

It's a pity Admin rarely respond or post on the Forum Feedback and Support section of the Forum, or dare I say even read it often???

It has the tag line: "We would like to hear your ideas and comments regarding the forum. We will try and resolve any issues you have."

MND Connect staff are different from the Admin staff, I think? But I get where you're coming from Terry, insofar as drawing attention to the thread - which shouldn't be necessary...

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Terry
      Forum Member
      • May 2012

I guess that they rely on us to report out of order posts normally.

Also they might not read many normal threads because they want it to be a forum between us mostly.

Love Terry
      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Ellie
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2012

Well, that's the point - it was posted in the Forum Feedback and Support which is there as a means for us to get help if we're having difficulties using the Forum and ask Admin for help - that's exactly what that thread was. It isn't a general part of the Forum, per se.

Honestly, I'm not out to cause trouble!!

Love Ellie.
        ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Terry
          Forum Member
          • May 2012

Yep, your right there, Chimp;

My hands are up in surrender! They should read that subject as well.

Love The Cat

Comment

• nunhead_man
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2017

Hi both,

Reading the thread you are referring to a bit carefully, I suspect the issue is more about the device that is being used than the usability of the forum.

I suspect the user needs a home visit or needs to take the device out somewhere so that somebody can see how they are using it and what might be done about it.

Generally, I would think that mobile phone screens are too small for those of us that are clumsy as a result of neurone damage to our hands and that another solution is needed?

Mind you, this is me in my office at the moment, looking at various bits of system running over two 28" screens side-by-side !!

So now looked via a phone - oh dear - it is not mobile enabled - text does not adjust etc - definitely needs fixing

Warmly

Andy
            Last edited by nunhead_man; 8 May 2019, 13:14. Reason: new information
            Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 90% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including both shoulders and also some breathing issues – Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

• Catsparkle
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2018

Thankyou for flagging this Terry, much appreciated xx i have such limited shoulder movement that my mobile is usable where tablets and laptops aren't, although when i FINALLY get my adapted flat, the tech people will sort me out with an interface. Im thrilled to be able to use the forum now

Comment

• Jude11
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2019

Hi, after a fall on my frame I am in hospital and have been told mt frame will be too dangerous to use as my knee gives out. Really worried about getting from wheelchair to toilet on my own and they have suggested slide boarding to commode, has anyone else tried this successfully?

Comment

• nunhead_man
                  Forum Member
                  • Jul 2017

Good morning Jude

Originally posted by Jude11 View Post
                  Hi, after a fall on my frame I am in hospital and have been told mt frame will be too dangerous to use as my knee gives out. Really worried about getting from wheelchair to toilet on my own and they have suggested slide boarding to commode, has anyone else tried this successfully?
                  You seem to have posted at the tag end of a thread about mobile phone access, which is a bit ironic really as it says something about the usability of the forum.

I hope somebody will come along in a moment and comment on your particular challenge - I am not far enough onto be able to advise

Warmly
                  Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 90% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including both shoulders and also some breathing issues – Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

• Jude11
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2019

Thanks Andy hopefully get the hang of it one day!!!!

Comment

• AnnJac
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Jude11 View Post
                      Hi. Iam new to this forum and catching up on posts for tips and help etc. I don't yet have aformal MND diagnosis however my symptk s appear to be atypical. With regards transferring to commode with a transfer board I do this. I can no longer weight bear but carefully i can do the transfer. Once on the commode come the difficulty of removing clothing. I used to be able to do this by positioning the commode such that i had things i ould lean on on both sides. I would then lean one way and pull down, then the other way and so on until my clothes had cleared the aperture. Do my business and then repeat in reverse. All quite exhausting but possible. As my condition is now spreading to shoulders and arms and hands I can still transfer but require help jn removing and putting clothes back on. At times like this I wish I was a bloke . . .

Comment

• nunhead_man
                        Forum Member
                        • Jul 2017

Hi Annjac

You seem to have posted at the tag end of a thread about mobile phone access, which as I said above, is a bit ironic really as it says something about the usability of the forum.

Can I suggest you post in the "introducing myself" part of the forum?
                        Warmly

Andy

Comment

Working...
                        X