Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Fru's Ed

Heartfelt condolences to you and the family Fru.

Ed was lucky to have such a wonderful woman as you in his life.

Big, tight hugs to you.

RIP Ed.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Thank you my forum family for your kind words and thoughts for Ed and I. Since February we have been having some difficult days and this time, Ed just wasn't strong enough to fight it. He was okayish last week then on Friday night he suddenly couldn't breathe.
    I loved Ed and tried my hardest to put everything in place so that I could be selfish and keep him for as long as possible.
    Yes, I really did care and in the last few weeks got all the support I needed from friends and family who put aside their differences.
    We didn't sit around and got out together a fair amount; theatre, concerts and sensory swimming.
    Ed went to sleep and quietly slipped away from us. I will keep in touch. Much love Fru XX

Dear Fru,

t's lovely to hear from you again. Its very kind and thoughtful of you to keep in touch, during what must be a difficult time for you.

It's wonderful that you made the time you had with Ed as happy and as special as it could possibly be. It's lovely to hear that you were able to get out and about together, so that you could share some precious time doing activities that you both loved and enjoyed.

Your devotion and love for Ed must have given him a lot of strength to carry on, for as long as he possibly could.

I don't think you were being selfish for wanting Ed to be with you for as long as possible. I expect he would have liked to stay longer, if he could. After being brave for so long, he'd reached his time to drift away peacefully with the angels, to a place where he is resting in peace.

I'm so glad you have got the love and support of family and friends.

Lots of love to you and your family,
    Kayleigh xx
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 9th May 2019 at 13:08.

Forum Member
    So pleased you enjoyed your final weeks with Ed . You aren't selfish, of course you wanted him to stay and I'ms sure that he did too, he wouldn't have wanted to leave you. Treasure youre memories xxx

Hi Fru

Sorry to hear of you loss. Treasure all those memories you have made together.

Sue and Steve x