My name is Roy Wallace and my web name is w3junkie. I was diagnosed with non-specific MND in Oct. 2017. This was further refined to PMA (Progressive Muscular Atrophy) in Feb. 2018. Since then, I have spent many hours researching and documenting the ins and outs of this disease.

The biggest problem for most MND patients is that there is no homogeneity to the disease and its many variants. I found that much of the information related primarily to ALS which although it has some correlation to PMA, there are as many differences as there are similarities.

So far, the best resource that I have found is PatientsLikeMe. Even so, there is little that is specific to PMA and what there is seems dispersed throughout the site and therefore not easily accessible.

As a result, I decided to start a dedicated site strictly for PMA patients and their carers: Providing Mutual Assistance to ALL PMA Sufferers
This is designed to be a one-stop source of all things related to PMA including diagnosis, treatments, assistive devices, hints and tips for making life easier both for patients and carers and much more. Take a look for yourselves!

I have also set up a Facebook page that all are welcome to join:
PMA - Progressive Muscular Atrophy - Providing Mutual Assistance

Of course, as you might expect, much of the information and resources is valuable for other MND sufferers as well. 😎