I have been stuck in my house for well over a week now. My balance is so bad I have to use Zimmer frames walking around my house and I haven't got the confidence to walk down my sloping driveway to access my car. I have spoken to my social worker about getting assistance to get out. It finally looks like I am losing my independence. I am bored being stuck in the house all day. There are loads of things I have got to do, which would fill my time. But they are all related to MND and I am sick of it ruling my life and dominating every day. My insomnia remains terrible and I often have restless leg syndrome. I have seen my GP about this ( as some of you suggested ). He has increased the medication that is supposed to help my insomnia and , as it is an anti-depressant, should help my anxiety and depression. But that doesn't seem to be the case. I am at the initial stages of MND;-slurred speech and poor balance and difficulty walking. I am struggling to cope and therefore terrified about how I will cope in the future as my symptoms worsen and new ones start.
I often keep thinking about places I used to love visiting and exploring and I am devestated I will not see them again. I used to play hard, especially as I had ankylosing spondylitis and worried that might disable me. I can't believe I have got MND and how cruel it is . It is over one year since my symptoms started seriously and I just can't come to terms with it.