Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holiday prices

Holiday prices

I've been searching for an adapted holiday cottage or apartment near to Robin Hoods Bay for next Easter. We go to the Bay every year, but I cannot manage any of the available cottages now.

I found a luxury holiday home with a wet-room, recliner chair, flat access and wheelchair friendly access path in a nearby village (a glorified caravan type building that isn't a caravan) . I asked for a quote. I was shocked that the owner quoted 995. She said that this is the 2019 price, but she'll honour that if I pay 300 deposit this week. I could have got a non adapted place for half that. We get a cottage every year so I know prices.

Does this mark up sound fair to everybody? I think that it's a rip off. We booked a cottage in Northumberland for July. That's 825. That's expensive, but it's an adapted bungalow in a very nice area. This seems to be the way that it's going to be whenever we book adapted places.

Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Ha! Could have written this myself today. I phoned to find adapted accommodation with Hoseasons and I was quoted double for exactly the same as non adapted accommodation. I was checking the price online at the same time.
    I did ask why it was twice the price and was told it was because the adaptations cost more!
    I had to pay it as this accommodation is very hard to find.
    Could you go outside of Easter, it's always expensive then.

Just to add, we are paying 400+ for a one bed chalet at the end of June. Not a nice modern chalet either one of those old fashioned affairs in a terrace. Doesn't even have WiFi!

I wonder why it booked it!

Hi MMW, I hope that your chalet holiday turns out to be good despite it being tired/old fashioned. Is it adapted and whereabout? Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Yea MMW we have a patio with wooden garden furniture for the one in Northumberland. The bungalow is decorated horribly, red walls and a red 3 piece leather suite. The one near Robin Hoods Bay is set in a private grassed area. It has a lovely view but I didn't see garden furniture. Lynne

Hello Lynne, we are staying near Great Yarmouth on a massive holiday park. It is adapted with ramp and wet room.
    We have been using Haven and their adapted caravans are nice but there is never a view. However Haven had nothing for June though we are going to Filey with them in July.
    Enjoy Northumberland, beautiful county.

Thanks. I hope that you enjoy Filey. My hubby wouldn't entertain Haven. I've been in the past before I met him. My kids and my sister and her kids loved Haven. Lynne

I would like to book a holiday for my partner and me. As I cannot walk or transfer I need a well-equipped holiday let or hotel room. Does anyone have any recommendations of websites that may be able to help in my search, please?
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Hi Dina,
    www.disabledaccessholidays. com is where we found our Northumberland bungalow. The one we chose can supply hoists, shower chairs and other disability aids. They take your disability details, how many is in your party and where you want to go and they send you options. All expensive but you ought get exactly what you need. Lynne x

Hi Gillette, Lynne, MMW: there is a Holidays thread on here that might help you with choices etc x Not saying they’ll be cheap - being disabled is an expensive business!
    Boiler x