Thread: Symptoms

Forum Member

Symptoms

Hi I posted before I have had ongoing cramps in my hand numbness due another emg on Tuesday symtoms been going on since November getti g very hard scared there will b more damage on 2nd emg hands r painful all v difficult

Oh dear Sky.' Have you told the consultant about what happens when you have an emg? I hope that they have a solution. Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    I have had symtoms for 7 months now hoping I get to no what's wrong but in dread

Quote Originally Posted by Skyvano View Post
    Thankyou and am sorry for my anxieties I am getting help getting that under control it
    Sky, what help are you getting to manage your health anxiety? You clearly need help in managing your anxiety - youre on this site almost every single day - it has taken over your life and is, right now, your most important health issue and Id say it is stopping you living life with your child as you should.

You are obsessed with having ALS/MND as you have posted on at least 3 forums (46 posts and counting) and will not accept any answers saying that neither your symptoms nor your EMG results are consistent with ALS. Nor do you believe your Neurologist. who said you do not have an MND.

This forum is not a healthy place for you to hang out, as you well know, it only fuels your spiralling anxieties.

Best wishes in getting help and finding out why your hand is sore.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    The reason is because my last emg showed sharp waves and fibs which I read is a sign of als the muscle in hand is gone so that is why I am anxious I didn't mention but my brother died from motor neuron so yes I am scared i am starting with a counseller and am sorry but I have wasted muscle in hand and geunie symtoms I agree I seem extremely anxious but I am

Forum Member
    I Ned to get a life i n

Sorry about your brother.

That's all the more reason to read your EMG results summary again - the one where it clearly states there is no evidence of widespread denervation of the motor neurons.

For the sake of your anxiety I shan't reply on your threads any more. You can improve your anxiety for starters by not visiting any of the ALS/MND forums - there are health anxiety forums which may help you.

Best of luck in finding the cause of your symptoms.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Thanks i n you mean well, but not have answers is awful having pains cramps in hands most days isn't normal hence why I am on sites as information on there I understand though I need to come ogf