• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gillette
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2019

Changing and toilet facilities

Hi everyone,

Apologies if I should not share this on the forum, but I believe it is an important issue.

The Facebook page of "Wheelchair Accessible" posted this comment and the link below:

Changing places will soon be debated by the government to get them in all new builds over a certain size, please fill in this questionnaire as it'll be used in evidence for need.
    Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government Questionnaire

Increasing the provision of Changing Places toilets

I hope the link works. When I tested it a message came up saying I had already completed the survey. Please let me know if there is a problem and I will have another try.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.
  • Terry
    Forum Member
    • May 2012

Hi Dina,

The link works OK and I think that it is fine to post it.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Gillette
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2019

Thanks, Terry, on both counts.
      Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

• Terry
        Forum Member
        • May 2012

Hi all,

You could look at this website for places before hand but you probably need to look at them before hand and check that the things you need are there.

Sometimes metimes controls and shower hoses are missing but they might be available if ask.

I don't know how you would ever get a standard wheelchair in most disabled loo's, I use a stand up one and that shortens it allowing me to use smaller toilets and unlock unlock doors.

I quite often get someone else to lock the door with a coin on the outside and can unlock using my L shaped too.

Love Terry

TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Working...
        X