• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Polly
    Forum Member
    • May 2019

Speech apps

Although we are coping pretty well with my husband’s speech, at times I struggle with certain words, particularly later in the day when he gets tired. The speech therapist mentioned two speech apps - Verbally for IOS and Speech Assistant for Android. We’ve tried the free version of Verbally quite successfully, but our iPad is quite old and heavy. An Android tablet would be lighter and therefore easier to use, but I’d be interested in any feedback about Speech Assistant before I go to the expense of buying one.
  • Terry
    Forum Member
    • May 2012

Hi Polly;

Don't know much about I Pads, I know that many tablet computers have a very low volume when speaking. I understand that the new I Pads are much louder but very expensive at around £700.

Speak to his speech should therapist as they provide things to enable him to communicate.

Many of us use "Predictable", (cost around £200) it is available on both I pad and Android Tablets.

We use to recommend "Speak it", it was quite good and cost about £5 but I don't think that it's still available.

I will PM you about other ideas.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Barry52
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2012

Hi Polly,

I use an iPad Air which weighs less than 500gm. You can buy one for less than £400 depending on the capacity of the memory or you may find your local speech therapist provides one on loan. I recently upgraded my iPad and my speech therapist installed the latest version of Predictable free of charge. The download cost is £160 if you buy it. It is a very good system with the option to save favourite phrases. I use it for giving presentations and in a small group the volume on the iPad is satisfactory. If I am in a large group I link the iPad to a Bluetooth amplifier.

Best wishes,
      Barry
      I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• ellentork
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2019

Hi
        Is there is any app in Mobile application . Being a professional mobile app developer in mobile app development company London i am finding the ideas for apps please help if this app present there or not or any idea you guys want to share with me.

Comment

• Terry
          Forum Member
          • May 2012

Hi Ellentork and welcome to the forum;

People do use app's on their phones to talk as well. Not sure which ones and what platforms.

My mobile is steam driven so can't use it to speak.

Regards Terry
          TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Working...
          X