Clear All

Cbd

I take CBD to get a good nights kip.
    CBD brothers 16% 250mg - really expensive but works a treat
  • Terry
    Forum Member
    • May 2012

Hi jonboy,

How many drops do you have, when and how?

I have tried cbd but a different brand and it didn't make much difference to me.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

capsules - sorry -
      one at bedtime

Comment

• kd1
        Forum Member
        • May 2018

May I ask if you are still walking and if it has any impact on movement the following morning? And are there any side effects? I've ben prescribed a mild sedative, but when I get up the legs are dragging even by my low standard.

Comment

• Lynne K
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2017

Hi KD1, I have no experience of CBD but I did get other drugs in the past before MND to ease my pain and help me to sleep. A low dose of amitriptilyne about 10mg (not sure if I've spelled it correctly) gave me a smashing nights sleep but the groggy feeling when I got up late lasted to mid afternoon. I stopped taking it for this reason. We all have individual reactions to various drugs and I had a big reaction. I've take codeine but that as we all know causes constipation and in my case very severe so I stopped taking that. I was given another opioid the name of which escapes me at this moment but that did not cause constipation in my case but it was well known for increasing a risk of falling. I took this drug until I read about that fact. I only take paracetamol now and that is inadequate so I might go back on the best opioid. The only trouble is that I've not mentioned so far with this is about getting used to it where it ends up having less effect. My solution was to stay off it for a couple of weeks. The danger is to take ever increasing amounts and become addicted. I'll post again when I recall the name of my best opioid. Lynne
          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

cant walk - cbd does not make me groggy

I am addicted to Tramadol but it is the best painkiller. I don’t really care about the addiction because I am going to die anyway��

Comment

• Lynne K
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2017

Aha, Johnboy, Tramadol was the best for me
              You reminded me of the name that I couldn't remember earlier. I have a box so will check it's expiry date and if it's in date I'll take some tonight and ring my GP up Monday to try to get it back on my repeat prescription list. I had it with my previous GP, but haven't had any since I moved in November. Lynne
              ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• kd1
                Forum Member
                • May 2018

Thanks, Lynne and Jonboy. Useful, to be reassured others face the same tricky choices re.drugs and to know what you have tried.

Comment

• billy106
                  Forum Member
                  • Jul 2018

I Continue moaning the face off my consultant for Sativex , but keep getting told its not been tested on MND sufferers. how pathetic. He says no trial is pending. Idiot.

Comment

• JoannePullman
                    Forum Member
                    • Sep 2021

Motor neuron disease is one of the most devastating neurodegenerative disorders affecting patients and their families today. Despite available treatments and cures, Motor Neurone Disease is a complicated disease to manage as it offends the brain's normal self-preservation processes. Thus, patients often experience extreme anxiety and depression, which hinder their function, usually even within their own families. A lot of them are using the CBD from tillmanstranquils.com. It's helpful for such persons.
                    Last edited by JoannePullman; 7 September 2021, 12:32.

Comment

• matthew55
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2020

I use zopliclone and love them. Wake up fresh as a daisy. 👍😁🤗😆xx
                      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Working...
                      X