Thread: Eye control

Eye control

We had a presentation of this device yesterday at our Nottingham branch meeting. The demonstration was well received by our members and for anyone who has lost the use of their arms it will be useful. The device normally retails at £2000 but there is a current offer price of £1800 and if you can get a referral from nhs assistive technology then there is a further discount.

https://www.eyecontrol.co.il/product

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    That looks very interesting, Barry. Thanks for posting it.
    John

Hi Barry

Yes, it looked quite useful didn't it. Good to see you by the way.

By coincidence, there is a double page spread in today's Guardian magazine (paid for content - John Lewis) about eye gaze technology used by the artist Sarah Ezekiel who was diagnosed with MND in 2000.

Doug

Forum Member
    looks very good, thank you for sharing.

Good morning Barry

Interesting – thank you.

The device seems quite expensive but I guess they have to get their investment back somehow!

Can I check that this device has some way of translating eye movement into generated speech, possibly by the use of a built in vocabulary of some sort?

Did the demonstrators say whether if this is the case you could use your voice bank voice in this device?

Warmly

Andy
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

Hello Andy,

I read you have been busy recently and I guess it’s all about campaigning for your election to the board of trustees for MNDA. I have cast my votes but like Our PM I’m not giving any indication of who. If you are attending the annual conference then I hope to meet you there.

In answer to your question about the eye control system I did ask the question about using a banked voice as I have a vested interest having recorded mine. The answer is yes the system will connect to the Predictable app. The eye control itself has a speech program based on predictive text but it is not as versatile as Predictable.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!