Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Husband diagnosed March

Hi Vix, so sorry that you have had to join us with your husbands recent diagnosis. You have already had lots of good advice so I won't overload you with more. But I will say how important it is for your husband to do as Dina said to start voice banking as soon as possible while his voice is still dicernable. It's best, in my experience to speak with your husbands assigned Speech Therapist because some local services have preferences of which voice banking service you go with. I was told by mine that they prefer Model Talker and when those 1600 sentences or many more in my case it's downloaded to Predictable on an Ipad. My local services can later on provide eye gaze equipment and that uses the saved Model Talker voice. Don't worry about this now but definitely ask advice from the Speech Therapist. Taking care of yourself is very important. It's a challenging journey for both the person diagnosed with MND and their loved ones/carers. Good luck for the up and coming meeting. Lynne.
    Last edited by Lynne K; 16th June 2019 at 19:49.
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Not at all Terry
    Thank you all xx