Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hi and I am confused/scared

Dear Daisymeg,

I'm very sorry about your lovely husband's passing. There's no justice in this World when good people have to suffer like this and it's heartbreaking that your brave husband was taken too soon.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Rest In Peace Gloslad.

Love,
    Kayleigh x

Forum Member
    Thinking of you. It must be an overwhelming shock.

Forum Member
    Sorry to hear of your problems. My EMG test last December was clear but got worse by the month and eventually had another in June which confirmed MND. I was told symptoms don't always show up first time. Hopefully yours will be sorted once you see an expert.

Forum Member
    Thank you everyone who shared condolences - i feel so lost without my husband am really struggling at the moment - still feel so shocked that 6 weeks after diagnosis he died so suddenly - autopsy showed died as a result of a PE - dont really know why im writing this but had a few wines and you guys are the only people who understand - over 800 people at his funeral says it all really :-(

Hello Daisymeg,

I'm so sorry that you finding it so difficult to cope with your husband's sudden passing. It really is such a difficult time. I remember, after my husband died (long before my diagnosis), I would suddenly realise that, for example, my hands would be in completely cold washing up water because I had drifted off in my head. Whole chunks of time would simply disappear. Grief can be like being in a completely separate world from everyone else.

Have you considered contacting Cruse Bereavement Care? They have trained counsellors who may be able to help you.

Sending warm hugs from someone who understands.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Daisymeg, I cannot imagine your devastation at losing your beloved husband so suddenly. Even with his diagnosis, you should've had more years together.

I would also recommend counselling. I found it really good to help me accept my diagnosis and, whilst it wasn't bereavement counselling, it was such a relief to talk to somebody - well, my first 2 sessions just involved me crying for nearly the whole hour...

And you're always welcome here.

Take care of yourself.

Big hug,
    Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.