Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good morning

Good morning

Good morning, everyone.

It's a beautifully bright and sunny morning, here in north Manchester.

During the past couple of weeks I have been very shaky, emotionally, and have been in tears, because of my MND, more times than I care to acknowledge. Today, however, I have awoken feeling considerably happier. I don't know how long my cheerfulness will last but I'm enjoying it while it lasts and wanted to share it with you all.

We all know how cr*ppy this condition is but sometimes we just have to seize the moment.

Smiles and hugs to everyone on here, with special hugs for anyone and everyone who is struggling to cope with what MND is throwing at them.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Good morning Dina!

Well, not only are you now more cheerful, which is great to hear, but you've also kick started my day and mood with a smile. Thank you!

Good news is scarce in MND as we know. Being able to do less and less has been wearing me down lately, as has the mental effort of not to give up trying. Pinkelle's death cast a shadow too.

But hey, the glass is half full again! We must just press on and do what we can and take pleasure in all the good things around us.

I hope you have a lovely, positive day ahead. And thanks ever so much for sharing!

Big hug

Doug

Hi Dina and Dug. A very weary Lynne here but lovely to hear half full glass and smiles. Pinks passing was sad and that feeling lingered last night so I put one of the Netflix series on that I've been watching. I binge on them sometimes. The 3 I watched last night were a good distraction. Hugs to both and trying to smile, Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    Hi Dina, Doug, and Lynne.

Thank you Dina for your lovely, positive post. I really hope you have a great day and the sun continues to shine for you.

On a good day I can take the positives and focus on what I can do and appreciate how lucky I am with my fantastic family. However, I have been really low recently due to pain from a bad fall which has really hit me. Like you , Lynne I was thinking about Pink and feeling sad yesterday and had Netflix late into the night as a distraction. It's hard to pull yourself up mentally when you're down with this.

Thanks for your smiles and hugs, Dina. They made me smile too this morning.. Onwards and upwards . It's great to have each other on here.

Love Debbie x

Forum Member
    Hi, Dina, Doug and Lynne,
    I had a bad day yesterday as well, so sad about pink also something I read on teletext health news about mnd which made me cry so much. We must try to stay positive.
    Best wishes Sheila.

Hi Doug, Lynne, Deb and Sheila,

I'm glad my post brightened your days a bit. It makes such a difference, knowing that people on here understand how MND affects us, both emotionally and physically.

I'm afraid my sunny mood didn't last long. Oh well, it was great while it lasted.

Like you, Doug, I have been struggling to cope with my deterioration recently. It's not helped by the fact that being hoisted has turned into a nightmare. This morning was so uncomfortable plus I looked and felt totally pathetic, that I crumbled - again.

I hope the four of you haven't used up all those hugs because I need a few for myself.
    Dina

Ah!

Dina, Sheila, Deb and Lynne - I think a communal electronic hug is called for. All together now.....

Try not to be sad Dina and Sheila. I know it doesn't take much to trip us up emotionally any more than physically.

I think Eleanor would be quite pissed off with us if we didn't stay positive.

Hope the rest of Sunday goes better for you.

Doug

Sorry, Doug and respectful apologies to Eleanor,

I am trying to be positive but all I have been able to come up with is that I'm positive I look like a beached whale in this armchair.
    Dina

Dina, people always try to help a beached whale

Do you think there's anything that could improve the hoist experience? Is it the sling?

Big hug to you and don't beat yourself up for having a bad day/week or feeling sorry for yourself - it's par for the course really.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hey, hey Dina!

Absolutely no apologies needed.

We're all in your debt for cheering us up this morning remember.

As Ellie says, don't beat yourself.

Try to relax. Here's another hug to help.

Love

Doug