Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good morning

Hi Dina ;

Your post made me feel better and have a smile this morning.

I can't offer much in the way of support but try to do the best you can and smile even though you are not smiling inside.

Hugs Terry

Forum Member
    Hi Dina,
    I am still on my feet, well just about. I think a hoist has my name on it soon. I will be getting a powered wheelchair in the next 3 weeks. But losing my leg strength is really affecting me. The wheelchair lady said to me, try and keep walking. I am watching the women's football on the telly, I know what you mean about a beached whale, but let's hope tomorrow will be a better day for us all..
    Sending more hugs
    Sheila x

Thank you Dina for your very upbeat and encouraging post this morning. It helped me to start the day with positive thoughts, which are not always easy to have with all the challenges we face! Like you, I have had a mixture of emotions this weekend.

There are no words to describe how difficult our lives can get and yesterday was particularly upsetting due to the sad news about our lovely Pinkelle. She was a very special and brave lady and I appreciated her honesty about having meltdowns sometimes.

Thank you to everyone on the forum for your pep talks and also for being honest about how difficult things can get. I try to take one day at a time and try to stay positive about things - but If all posts were 'sugar coated' then I would wonder if it is acceptable that I do struggle emotionally sometimes. I'm often on a rollercoaster of happy and sad emotions - and, no matter how hard I try, sometimes I just can't hold back the tears.

If this is a 'journey' (as some people like to call it), it's definitely not easy being on such a rocky and challenging road! Many thanks to everyone In this forum family for your ongoing understanding and caring words of support.

Love and hugs to you all,
    Kayleigh xx
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 23rd June 2019 at 20:49.
    We are a fabulous forum family - the precious bond we all share is powerful and strong!

Big hugs from me Dina, plus one real one that I owe from when we met at Redbank the other week. Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Forum Member
    For you Dina, and All.

Some uplifting and inspiring words. Sometimes the right quote, seen at the right time, can help a prospective in a person’s life. It can uplift us when we’re down and motivate us when we need it. Maybe one or two of these can help on a bad day

Much love to all living with this illness

CCxox

“I often say now I don’t have any choice whether or not I have Parkinson’s, but surrounding that non-choice is a million other choices that I can make.” – Michael J. Fox

“I fight for my health every day in ways that most people don’t understand. I’m not lazy. I’m a warrior!” – unknown

“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher

“When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.” – Thomas Edison

“You wake up every morning to fight the same demons that left you so tired the night before, and that, my love, is bravery.” – unknown

“Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think” – A. A. Milne

“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie

“When the unthinkable happens, the lighthouse is hope. Once we choose hope, everything is possible.” – Christopher Reeve

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to just try one more time.” – Thomas Edison

“Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson

“The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.” – Vince Lombardi

“You can’t calm the storm, so stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself. The storm will pass.” – Timber Hawkeye

“We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King Jr.

“You either get bitter or you get better. It’s that simple. You either take what has been dealt to you and allow it to make you a better person, or you allow it to tear you down. The choice does not belong to fate, it belongs to you.” – Josh Shipp

“The truth is we’re all a bit broken. We must learn to love the broken pieces of ourselves – be gentle and empathetic with ourselves, and others.” – Karen Salmansohn

“Live to inspire, and one day people will say, because of you, I didn’t give up” – unknown

“Nothing is more beautiful than a real smile that has struggled through tears.” – unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Dina, people always try to help a beached whale

Do you think there's anything that could improve the hoist experience? Is it the sling?

Big hug to you and don't beat yourself up for having a bad day/week or feeling sorry for yourself - it's par for the course really.

Love Ellie.
    Thanks, Ellie,

Yes, it's definitely something to do with the sling. I have lost much of my core strength so can't hold myself up in the belt-type sling and end up getting very sore in my armpits. Consequently, the OT has said the carers should use the hammock-like sling but I end up in all sorts of contorted shapes with my clothes askew. Uncomfortable in so many ways including making the immediate future seem bleak.

I think another chat with the OT is on the cards...
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carpenter View Post
    Hey, hey Dina!

Absolutely no apologies needed.

We're all in your debt for cheering us up this morning remember.

As Ellie says, don't beat yourself.

Try to relax. Here's another hug to help.

Love

Doug
    Thanks, Doug, you're a sweetie.
    Dina

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne K View Post
    Big hugs from me Dina, plus one real one that I owe from when we met at Redbank the other week. Lynne x
    Thanks, Pal!
    Dina

Thank you for those inspiring quotes, CC.

I am so pleased that I screwed up my courage to visit this forum for the first time just three months ago. The support, encouragement and understanding that we all share is beyond price.
    Dina

Forum Member
    Thank you everyone for this thread because the emotional support and inspiring quotes show how we all understand each other.

Dina, I am glad you found the courage to join the forum, just as I am pleased I did too. It's not a scary place it just makes everything real in the beginning.

I love the humour on here too because we understand each others jokes and occasional dark humour. I am busy thinking of another "one for the ladies " post to get Doug, Terry and Barry looking !

Virtual hugs to everyone this Monday morning.... The hugs are limitless !
    Love Debbie x