Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi, Im Juan

Forum Member

Hi, Im Juan

Hello, my name is Juan Soler and I am a PhD student in Biology. Currently I am investigating the relationship between sleep disorders and the appearance of motor neuron diseases.

A pleasure to be here.

Regards

Hi Juan and welcome to the forum,

I am not aware of sleep disorders and the appearance of Mnd, certainly in my case but look forward to any input you have. Regards Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Not even your loud snoring Terry??
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 2nd July 2019 at 16:39.

Sorry Terry - I know you don't snore really!!
    .. but perhaps snoring would be classed as a sleeping 'habit' rather than a 'disorder'?? - either way I've never heard of a link with sleeping disorders and the appearance of MND. I've heard of people getting sleeping disorders while they have MND (e.g sleepless nights due to anxiety and/or breathing difficulties etc), but I have never heard of them triggering or being the cause of MND. Interesting that it is being investiged though!

Welcome to the forum Juan and good luck with your PhD. It sounds like have chosen an interesting subject to research. How long will your PhD take to complete?

Best wishes
    Kayleigh
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 2nd July 2019 at 23:49.

Just for the record, Kayleigh,

I don't snore, just purr when I am relaxed. My wife does sometimes, and I can hear her even though she sleeps on the floor above me.

Love Terry

... and I thought you were always the purrrfect gentleman TC! - a bit catty of you to tell tails about your wife's snoring! Lol

Ok, you might just purr quietly when you are relaxing - but even a cool cat like you must snore sometimes, during the occasional cat-nap perhaps?? .... in fact, your good friend Benny told me your snores are so loud that on a clear night they can be heard many miles away - even as far as at the end of Southwold Pier!! Lol

Love Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 2nd July 2019 at 23:41.

Hi Terry,

I've been trying to find evidence of your rumoured loud snoring. You might be rather a-mew-sed to know that my search for proof has been a failure and so somewhat of a cat-astrophe!

However, even if you did snore, there's no way you would be able to hear yourself due to those huge ear-plugs you wear - and the place where you take your cat-naps looks so sound-proofed that no-one would be able to hear you anyway! LOL

... and by the way, I love those very cute PJs you wear!.....

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oJrxycFYv5M

Love Kayleigh x

Hi Juan

Welcome.

At which university are you studying?

Doug

Hello and welcome Juan.

I wish you well with your project and I hope you can understand the banter between Kayleigh and Terry. It made me laugh and we need more humour in our lives.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Hello Kayleigh

I am having a big problem sleeping at night due to leg discomfort, pain and an inability to turn over which wake me up several times. The recent hot weather has made things a lot worse and is causing me severe tiredness and misery during the day. I hear what you say that sleep problems are often caused by anxiety and depression but do not agree that it is always the main reason for lack of sleep there are other contributing factors. I have tried 'sleep hygiene' without success. I am sure all MND suffers have a degree of anxiety whilst coming to terms with their prognosis.

My general sleep problems did become evident before I was diagnosed so there could be a link there and Juan's sleep study could prove interesting if it showed a link between sleep problems and the subsequent diagnosis of MND.

I know just how good you are finding solutions for practical problems on the internet. You are whizz!! I live alone and rely on my microwave. I am beginning to find opening the door difficult. I have google unsuccessfully but if you find anything to help with this problem please can you share it.

Love Ann