Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Slippery Slope

Hi Dina

Can I add my two pennies worth of encouragement to carry on grumbling as much as you want.

It had not occurred to me the losing my arms would affect my ability to hug and as this is one of my main ways of connecting with those I love, that is another to add to my MND hate list. http://forum.mndassociation.org/images/smilies/mad.png

I am the other way round from you I guess as I seem to be losing my arms before I lose my legs and I am with somebody else when I say I probaby wish I was the other way around - not I can do anything about it,

I am just beginning to experiment with eye gaze and have the experts coming around later in July to show me properly how to set it up and as 'puters have been my window on the world for so long I will do everything I can to keep a connection going in that regard.

I guess I am saying the sooner you try it, the better you will get as, unless you do certain yoga exercises you probably will not be used to using your eyes in quite the same way as you need to for eye gaze.

Warmly
    Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    Hi Dina,

I am so sorry about your progression... Each stage is so upsetting and depressing and losing independence and dignity is awful. You're very entitled to moan.

I really hope you can hold your new granddaughter later this month but Ellies and Boilers comments were really comforting... I know it's not ideal but I bet you cant wait to see her and have a snuggle.

Hope today is a better day for you,
    Love Debbie x
    Hi Debbie,

You're right, I can't wait. I've been ringing the expectant parents to tell them that the baby must get a move on! I have to say, I'm not impressed with a grandchild who defies its Nana! Ha ha ha!
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Hi Andy,

Thank you for reminding me about eye gaze and for the tips. I keep forgetting to contact Assistive Technology, I really must do it.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.