• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin_MND
    Forum Administrator
    • Oct 2015

Changes to the smart phone version of the forum

From today, we will be trialing a mobile version of the forum, so you will see a change to format if you access it from a smart phone.

This is in response to the feedback we received, and because we have seen a rise in the forum being accessed from a mobile device and want to ensure we are providing the best user journey possible.

We appreciate your patience as we navigate this upgrade. If you have any problems or feedback please use this thread to highlight them to us.
    Our working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am until 5pm
  • Barry52
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2012

Thanks for this.

Can you please clarify if this applies to android and iOS.

Barry
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Admin_MND
      Forum Administrator
      • Oct 2015

Hi Barry,

Yes it will indeed apply to Android, iSO and other mobile operating systems.

Thank you.

Comment

• Kayleigh
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2018

Hello Admin
        If possible, please could a 'what's new?' tab be included on the smart phone version (like there is in the original format of the forum) ? - because it would be easier than having to check each forum individually for new/recent posts.

Regards
        Kayleigh
        Last edited by Kayleigh; 11 July 2019, 13:11.

Comment

• Fru
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2016

Hello admin
          Yes I agree, the new system is incredibly time consuming and I don't see how it benefits forum users.
          Fru

Comment

• Deb
            Forum Member
            • May 2018

Hi Everyone and admin

I might be stating the obvious or having a blonde moment ( I was never a physio Doug!)

I usually access the forum on my Samsung tablet. I was finding the new version hard but if you click on full site at the bottom it takes you back to the old format.

Hope this helps
            Love Debbie x

Comment

• Terry
              Forum Member
              • May 2012

That god for Blondes, Debbie;

I'll try it later.

Love Terry
              TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Kayleigh
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2018

Is it true that blondes have more fun Terry?

Yes, it's good that there's the facility to switch between the two versions - but I still think it would be very useful if there was the 'what's new?' option on the smart phone version too .... I'm probably being a bit too fussy though?!

Best wishes
                Kayleigh
                Last edited by Kayleigh; 11 July 2019, 16:35.

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2017

Hi Kayleigh

There is a What's new button but it's buried - along with some others - one level down. Click on "the dots" button to reveal.

Doug x
                  Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Kayleigh
                    Forum Member
                    • Nov 2018

Thanks Doug - now I am a happy bunny!

I'm sure the full menu wasn't there when I looked earlier? - but I might not have been logged in when I looked......only 'Forums' is displayed on that menu if I am not logged in.

Kayleigh x
                    Last edited by Kayleigh; 11 July 2019, 17:19.

Comment

• Admin_MND
                      Forum Administrator
                      • Oct 2015

Good morning everyone,

Thank you for your feedback so far. We would like to reiterate that this is by no means a permanent solution and just something we are trialing.

Many of you have already noted some of the issues with the new mobile version, which we have picked up on too. Our main concerns are how it seems to provide a limited amount of information compared to the full site. Also, the mobile version is extremely basic and has very limited options for our MND branding.

Luckily, it does provide an option to switch between both versions. On the mobile version it is an link option at the bottom of the page. On the full site it is a drop down option from 'MNDA 2014.02' to 'Default Mobile style'. You do need to be logged in to switch between.

The mobile version does have a 'What's New' button but it is hidden away within the menu along with notifications, messages and friends lists, however it is only accessible through a very small button on the top right after you log in. Not the most ideal for easy navigation.

Although there are some initial problems, we have found that the mobile version interface makes the threads and posts much easier to read, and the view and accessibility of the reply text box is clearer. You don't have to move the box to see what you are typing, which we know is a problem for some people when using the full site on a mobile or tablet. Has anyone found that replying to posts and threads easier on the mobile site?

Your feedback is really useful and we'd like you to continue providing this to us. We'll continue to capture your thoughts, pro & cons for a few more weeks before we speak to the forum developers to review what our options are (which may include not having a separate mobile/tablet version).

Thanks again to all.

Comment

Working...
                      X