• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lynne K
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2017

Good news

I've just had test ride in a nearly new automatic Citroën Berlingo. Signed for it. 2018, 9000 miles on clock. Excellent condition, black. Yippie. It's going to be delivered in a week or 2. I pay upfront approximately £450 and will have several hundred back from Motability from the upfront payment that I gave about 15 months ago. I'm going to try to drive it. I haven't driven in a couple of months. My Grande C-Max felt heavy on the steering. I believe that this is lighter. I'm going to put my daughter as 3rd driver so that we can have shopping days out. I feel that it was a very lucky find. From Thorntrees in Leyland. I'm a happy bunny now. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.
  • Terry
    Forum Member
    • May 2012

Hi Lynne;

Pleased that you've sorted a car out and no need to tell you to take it steady on a quite road to start with.

Happy driving.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Lynne K
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2017

Thanks Terry. Lynne
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

• nunhead_man
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2017

Good afternoon Lynne

I too am glad you are sorted out and take it easy on the road - watch out for cyclists!

Warmly
        Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 90% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including both shoulders and also some breathing issues – Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

• Kayleigh
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2018

Hi Lynne.

That's great news - I expect you can't wait for the Berlingo to be delivered! Shopping trips with your daughter sound great and I expect you are looking forward to more days out in the countryside too.

Love Kayleigh x

Comment

• Lynne K
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2017

Yea, you are spot on Kayleigh. I forgot to mention that there's dark privacy glass in passenger side windows and the back. The wheelchair siting is great, near to the middle between and not very far back from the front seats. Very comfy seats, much better than the new Peugeot I tried the other week. They were very hard. I'm going to either drive or sit in front passenger seat for as long as I can. Comfy seating is essential with my bad back. This car is less high tech than my Grande C-Max but it has Bluetooth and and my daughter is going to give me back the sat nav that I passed on to her when I got the C-Max with a sat nav built in. Motability said that I can take the hoist out and do what I want with it . But I'd have to put Cmax back to original and that'd be difficult with a big hole cut out of the side wall for the hoist. I can't face the hassle so I'm leaving it in. I hope that the next owner or motability user can get good use out of it. I didn't because my wheelchair is too heavy for it. Happy days Lynne

Comment

• Lynne K
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2017

Thanks Andy,
              I know that you are being light hearted, which is appreciated but I feel like having a very rare blow of my own trumpet: I was a Driving Instructor up to last year, taught all pupils about hazards. I had a high first time pass rate and top standards check test result. So, don't worry. I know my stuff. Its just this dammed disease trying to destroy me. I'm fighting my corner. Lynne
              Last edited by Lynne K; 18 July 2019, 13:22.

Comment

• Ellie
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2012

Oh that's uplifting news for you Lynne

Wishing you many happy adventures.

Love Ellie.
                ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Lynne K
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2017

Thanks Ellie. I'm still flying on a cloud . Lynne

Comment

• Deb
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2018

Happy motoring Lynne,

Hope you have some great days out and the sun shines .

Love Debbie x

Comment

• Barry52
                      Forum Member
                      • Mar 2012

Hi Lynne,

I hope you enjoy the car when it arrives and good for you to keep driving as long as possible. I got my new Motability car 3 weeks ago and I am delighted with it. It was going to cost a lot to remove the hoist from the previous car and install it in the new one so I opted to pay Motability the £120 for a new hoist.

Barry x
                      I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Gillette
                        Forum Member
                        • Mar 2019

Oh, Lynne, that's brilliant news! I'm so pleased for you. You just need to pass your wheelchair driving test then there will be no stopping you! I'm looking forward to the two of us going on the rampage in our wheelchairs!

Look out world, the Mad, MND Mademoiselles are coming...
                        Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

• Lynne K
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2017

Thanks Dina, Monday afternoon is my outdoor wheelchair test. Fingers crossed that everything goes well. What am I to expect? See you soon, Lynne

Comment

• Lynne K
                            Forum Member
                            • Nov 2017

Thanks Debbie. I'm certainly looking forward to it. Lynne

Comment

• Lynne K
                              Forum Member
                              • Nov 2017

Hi Barry. Thanks. I'm glad that you got a new car and hoist recently. Enjoy. Lynne

Comment

Working...
                              X