Thread: Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

The website for this forum inverted my photo attachment.

223EE8C0-B8B8-4F01-8D5B-636ACBF2079C.jpg
    7D0E57DD-1A09-4CB6-8E57-3B22BF467803.jpg
    Determined to get into the sea I was happy to use the services offered by our hotel and resort in Italy. I booked the holiday through disabled access holidays and the accommodation is well set up for wheelchair access. Set in vast grounds with bungalow type rooms and accessible bathrooms the hotel offers access to all areas of the beautiful gardens. The region of Italy is on the coast between Rome and Naples.
    There is wheelchair transportation to the private beach which is used by others with disabilities. All areas are paved and the sunbeds are raised for easy access. A helper will take you into the sea in a special wheelchair so I used this service and whilst I found I can still float, I don’t have the coordination to swim anymore.
    Should anyone be interested then the website is www.centroferiesalvatore.com
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Looks fab.u.lous Barry!!! I'm jealous - mind you I'm not able for this heat any more, it just saps any energy I have...

Where are you off to next?

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi Ellie,

For the first time in years I have not got anything booked in advance and I am saddened. We have our son’s wedding in August when he returns from Tokyo. We will return to Egypt in February next year with our daughter but she said she would only come if I am still able to use my walker. Talk about blackmail, but it gives me an incentive to remain ambulant.
    It was hilarious on holiday as we were the only Brits and the other guests were German or Italian. The Germans speak reasonable English and we speak a little Italian but my wife had to translate my lousy speech.

Love,
    Barry x
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!