Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Good news

Forum Member
    Hi Lynne
    Glad the wheelchair test went well. I got mine today a salsa mini. And enjoy your wav when you get it.
    Best wishes Sheila.

Thanks Sheila. Good luck with your salsa mini. This is the latest that I've been up for ages. I've been getting up most days around 6.40 a.m so I'm going to be wrecked tomorrow. We've been out. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Thanks Debbie. I hope that your leg heals quickly. Enjoy your reading. I'm going to be reading too out back tomorrow whilst Steve is weeding our herb bed. I'm reading 'The Secret Barrister. It's a good read and an eye opener if you're interested in what goes on in the world, on this occassion our struggling court systems. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Thanks SueB, the councils ought to do something with our pavements. It's no joke. Lynne

Thanks Kayleigh, Lynne x

Dina,

Congratulations Lynne and I hope Sheila;

I'll be extra careful with two more women let loose in their wheelchairs. Seriously, do be extra careful with drops of any sort and side slopes.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Thanks Terry, I haven't been out in the road yet. But I will be very careful with side slopes etc my hubby is keeping a eye on me.
    Love Sheila

Thanks Terry. As I said the other day I've accepted the offer of more practice on kerbs without being dropped. I was told to go backwards off a kerb but the road is sloped also. I ended up going off the kerb on one back wheel but I quickly got the other off with a bit of help from the wheelchair service woman. She pushed my wheelchair to stop it tipping. She said it could manage up to 4 inches. I think it's unsafe to drive off a kerb that's on a slope/hill. But I'll get practice and will bring up this point before I do it. Lynne

Hi Lynne;

I have never been shown or told to go off curbs even on the flat, mind you I have a 4 wheel one.

Will it climb up a 4 inch one?

I certainly feel it's unsafe to go off if the road and path are sloping, especially if you followed her instructions and she had to stop your chair from going over. I've been over once, it's a horrible feeling in slow motion and was extremely fortunate to end up with a bruised rib, shoulder, and few grazes.

Love Terry