Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good news

Hi Lynne,

I hope you enjoy the car when it arrives and good for you to keep driving as long as possible. I got my new Motability car 3 weeks ago and I am delighted with it. It was going to cost a lot to remove the hoist from the previous car and install it in the new one so I opted to pay Motability the £120 for a new hoist.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Oh, Lynne, that's brilliant news! I'm so pleased for you. You just need to pass your wheelchair driving test then there will be no stopping you! I'm looking forward to the two of us going on the rampage in our wheelchairs!

Look out world, the Mad, MND Mademoiselles are coming...
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Thanks Dina, Monday afternoon is my outdoor wheelchair test. Fingers crossed that everything goes well. What am I to expect? See you soon, Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Thanks Debbie. I'm certainly looking forward to it. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Hi Barry. Thanks. I'm glad that you got a new car and hoist recently. Enjoy. Lynne

Forum Member
    Hi Lynne, good luck with the wheelchair, I am getting mine on Monday afternoon as Well.
    Sheila

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne K View Post
    Thanks Dina, Monday afternoon is my outdoor wheelchair test. Fingers crossed that everything goes well. What am I to expect? See you soon, Lynne
    Ooh, Lynne, I'm so tempted to wind you up about it! Hee hee hee. But I won't.

They check that you go at an appropriate speed, how well you manoeuvre the chair, that you can negotiate dropped kerbs (I came face to face with a really steep dropped kerb and said I wasn't going to attempt it until I felt more confident), they want to see that you have good road awareness and road sense and you're supposed to cross a fairly busy road.

I have no doubts that you will pass with flying colours.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Glad you have a new car that is more suitable for you. Hope you get many happy memories using it.

Steve never had a proper test for his wheelchair. He just went up and down the corridor at wheelchair services.

Sue

Forum Member
    So happy for you finding a car that suits

Thanks Dis, can't wait Lynne