Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good news

Thanks Dina and Sue. The dropped kerbs around here are a mixed bag. Some are awful, not safe to try and others nearly flat. A lot people park on. So I'd have to go backwards to an earlier dropped kerb and travel past the offending vehicle to the next dropped kerb. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne K View Post
    Thanks Dina and Sue. The dropped kerbs around here are a mixed bag. Some are awful, not safe to try and others nearly flat. A lot people park on. So I'd have to go backwards to an earlier dropped kerb and travel past the offending vehicle to the next dropped kerb. Lynne
    Crikey, I don't think I'd want to do that on Outwood Road!

When I drive my wheelchair into the town centre I have to almost go round in circles because so many places don't have dropped kerbs.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne K View Post
    Monday afternoon is my outdoor wheelchair test. Lynne
    Hi Lynne,

Good luck with your outdoor wheelchair test tomorrow - I hope everything goes smoothly! I think it's going to be a dry and sunny day tomorrow

Love Kayleigh x

Thanks Kayleigh. Yes, the forecast for tomorrow is good. It's the start of a very good sunny week. Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Passed my wheelchair test. But said yes for some kerb practice with one or other of them. The kerbs and pavements around here are atrocious. But at least I can get out for some fresh air. With the rough pavements it's a bit of a bone shaker. My WAV will be here within a week or two so it's opening up for me and for my husband Steve who won't have to push me any longer, unless we go out in his Focus so can only fit the travel lightweight manual chair in. That'd be seldom. Lynne

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hooray! Well done, Lynne.

I have arranged for your and my wheelchairs to have twin exhaust and six-speed gearbox, together with alloy wheels and, of course, go-faster stripes! We'll be out and at 'em very soon now that you've passed your test. Ha ha ha.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Well done Lynne - really pleased that it went well for you! Love Kayleigh x

Well done Lynne.

I know what you mean about the pavements ours here are also atrocious. We often end up on the road except on the main roads of course. Steve takes paracetamol before we go out as it kills his neck.

Sue

Forum Member
    Yippee... Well done Lynne,

Hope you have some great days out in the sun, especially when you get your WAV. I like Dinas idea of jazzing up our wheelchairs.

I have got used to driving mine with my leg stretched out in a support but I am not risking kerbs, just enjoying sitting outside and reclining with a book.

Happy motoring,
    Love Debbie x